TMA || 2

*FLASHBACK*

As the girls stood around him, Raphael had his eyes trained on the new girl. Her curly hair was wild and unforgiving, yet it appealed to him. She was wearing a yellow summer dress with simple pumps. She wasn’t even trying, and yet she looked immaculate. He had only seen her gray eyes once, and he yearned to see them again.

He was only sixteen, but he had women and girls, young and old, fawning over his surprisingly manly and handsome features. He had hit puberty early and had grown quickly. He was lean and was the star of the school’s football team. He easily towered over the boys his age and everyone looked up to him, both literally and figuratively.

The new girl had his attention, but he couldn’t explain why. He knew for a fact that his mother would be furious if he took it upon himself to go after the new girl. She was after all, of colour, and his mother was racist at heart. He never understood it, but antagonizing her had always been fun.

He loved black girls. To him, they possessed something more than the plain white girls that surrounded him daily. There was just something unique about black girls that he couldn’t get enough of, and his dating history showed that.

“Why do you keep looking at her like that?” Bianca, his number one groupie, scowled.

“At who? Like what?” he asked, his Italian accent caressing the girls around him. For a moment, they all forgot about Bianca’s question and were instead enticed by the sound of his voice.

“The new girl,” Bianca barely registered herself replying.

“She’s beautiful,” he shrugged before getting off of the locker he was leaning on.

“I’m also beautiful right?” Bianca asked, snapping out of her daze.

“Yeah, sure,” Raphael replied, his eyes trained on the new girl as she shut her locker. He was going to make his move then.

He left the babbling girls, with most of them calling him back, but he had a mission and he wouldn’t stop until it was succeeded. The new girl looked up and smiled at him. He didn’t think he’d ever see a more beautiful sight.

“Hi!” she greeted.

“Hey,” he smiled back. When her eyes glazed over, he internally smirked, knowing that he had somewhat of an effect on her as well.

“My name is Gabi Hart,” she introduced, sticking her hand out to him.

“Ambrosi Maestri,” he smirked, taking her hand in his.

It was the beginning of the road to hell for him.

***

I punched the wall.

I punched the fucking wall!

It was only half past two in the morning, but my sleep had been robbed from me by the nightmarish memories of my past. They haunted me to this day, and I honestly wanted nothing more than to forget. Life unfortunately hasn’t been kind enough to grant me that wish.

At twenty nine, you would think that I would have my life together. Instead, I’m beyond fucked up, I’m beyond saving and I’m definitely a shit father, which isn’t all that surprising considering the fact that my own father is a shitty father.

I sighed, leaning on the wall as I slowly slid down to the ground. Only when I was alone could I truly wallow in my own self pity.  There’s no way in hell anyone else would ever see me in this state. It was actually moments like this when I thanked God that I have four daughters and not one. That way, whenever one of them has a nightmare, they seek one of their sisters out.