TMA || 18

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! This story is currently #8 in General Fiction!!! That's the highest ANY of my stories have ever gone! It's 01:48am here and I'm losing my freaking mind, so I had to type this for you guys!!!

Tell your friends to read it please? Suggest it to other readers. Spread the word and let's get it to #1.

ONWARDS!!!

***

Her hair was sprawled against my chest, her breathing light. I could hear the waves of the ocean rolling in the silence of the night. Despite it being three in the morning, I was wide awake. My mind had a million thoughts buzzing through it.

Today would be the last day of our honeymoon. We'd left Washington the day after visiting the cemetery and seeing her family. We came back to the Caribbean and we've been here for an entire month. The girls didn't want to spend any time with us since they insisted that we deserved to be alone for a month.

I asked my wife where in the world she wanted to go, and she said she wanted to stay here the whole month. I was afraid that being with me for so long without interruptions would make her realize that marrying me was a mistake, but that didn't happen.

If anything, we're the closest we've ever been.

We've been away from the world and technology. We'd bought a burner phone where we could be reached if there was an emergency, and nothing happened for the entire month. Instead we talked, we made love, she painted, we cooked, we baked, and we swam and just enjoyed each other's uninterrupted company for a whole month.

And now the thought of going back into civilization scared me.

"You know, I can't sleep with you thinking so loudly," she mumbled.

"I haven't even said anything," I defended.

"You didn't have to, and you know it," she sighed, settling her chin on my chest as she looked up at me.

We have this thing where we can't sleep if the other is unsettled. I obviously picked up on this much earlier, even before we got married, but I was surprised to find out that it works both ways. She can't sleep if I'm bothered either.

"I'm worried Ari. We both know the articles were released and I've been driving myself crazy about what the possible reactions could be," I explained.

"Caro, you are going to have a heart attack or high blood pressure from all this stress. You are worrying for nothing. Who cares what the world has to say, honestly speaking? I love you and you love me. We're married and happy with our lives. We don't need anything else," she said.

"So you're not the least bit freaked out?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No, and I'm really surprised that you are to begin with. I didn't expect that from my feared CEO," she taunted.

"You and I both know that who I am in the media and who I am behind closed doors are two different people," I argued.

"I know, but I truly believe you're stressing for nothing. You're a married man now, and an exposed father, but does that take away from the CEO you are? I don't think so. If anything, I think it shows that you're even stronger than people had originally thought," she countered.

"I'm still feeling otherwise," I sighed.

"I'm there with you the whole way Rafe," she said softly. I reached out to put a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"I know you are mia moglie," I smiled.

"I know you've refused for the entire month, but I really want you to paint something. It's a great way to get your frustration out. And, it helps that painting can look like pure nonsense and still go for millions," she pointed out.