Connor Bedard

As you pulled up to the draft with Connor at your side, you felt him squeeze your hand as the car stopped

"Nervous?" you asked squeezing back.

"No, I don't know it's just this day will change my life forever," he said rubbing your hand with his thumb.

"Hey it'll be okay, whatever happens happens, and I'll be here for you, but you gotta get out there, they're waiting for you," you said.

"Shoot you're right, thank you," he kissed your cheek then rushed out of the car. You waved as he shut the door and prepared for the day ahead of him. You watched Connor get swarmed by fans and media as the car pulled away. You looked down and fiddled with your hands as you realized how fast time was moving, it felt like only yesterday you watched Connor play hockey for the first time, and now he was getting ready to be drafted by the NHL.

As you made your way into the arena with the Bedards you reconnected with Connor, he sat down in the seat next to you at the end.

"Hey," you said as he sat down.

"Hey," he smiled wide. He took your hand letting out a deep breath.

"You ready?"

"I think now I am, just a lot to think about," he said anxiously.

"Relax Connor,"

"I am now that I'm with you," he smiled. The two of you continued talking to keep Connor distracted from worrying. You glanced up at one of the screens to see some other players sitting in the arena. You were about to look away when you and Connor appeared on the screen, the fans in the audience cheered once they saw Connor, he flashed a little smile and wave.

"Wave y/n/n," he said. You rolled your eyes and smiled waving, then went back to keeping Connor occupied as you waited for the draft to start. As time went down and the biggest moment was approaching you began to feel more anxious and saw that Connor was more focused.

"Here it goes," you whispered to yourself. You watched the Blackhawks staff approach the stage and as you saw the jersey go by you knew that was what he would soon be putting on. You were too busy in your thoughts that you missed most of the announcement, all you heard was Connor's name. You looked over at him to see him stand you stood up next to him, embracing him with a tight grip.

"I'm so proud of you," you said in his ear as he held you. He smiled and then moved on to hugging his parents and sister. He handed off his jacket to you as he made his way up to the stage, you slipped it over your shoulders as you sat back down. You could feel the tears streaming down your face, you couldn't be more proud of him. After a few more picks were called you and the Bedards made your way to where Connor would be spending the rest of his night with the media. You worked your way through the crowded area, but you could ever so slightly see the top of the Blackhawks jersey with the hat on top, once a path finally cleared you made your way to him.

"Connor," you and his family shouted. He turned around and came racing over to you,

"This is amazing," he cheered picking you up, while you were in his jacket. He continued to cheer as he held you.

"I know I know I know," you said as he continued.

"Nice jacket, wonder where you got it?" he said as he put you down.

"From the newest member of the Chicago Blackhawks," you said pointing to his jersey.

"Stop, stop," he rolled his eyes sarcastically with a smile, "okay okay," he said. He then continued to talk to the rest of his family as they congratulated him. You smiled playing with the sleeves of his jacket as you watched him interact with more and more people. There was one thing you always knew, that Connor would be a star on and off the ice and he certainly was.

________________________________

Hey everyone hope you like it there will be many more coming soon!