Dalibor Dvorsky

You picked up your phone and called your boyfriend after you saw several posts on Snapchat of your entire friend group out without you

You picked up your phone and called your boyfriend after you saw several posts on Snapchat of your entire friend group out without you. You were furious, disappointed, and overwhelmed with doubting thoughts of thinking you were the problem. You only wanted one person, the one that also wasn't there, your boyfriend Dalibor.

"Hey," you said sniffling as you wiped the tears from your eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he said with a concerned tone.

"Are you around right now?" you said with a quivering lip.

"I'm on my way," he said as he hung up. After waiting a few minutes there was a knock on your door, you stood up and walked to the door frame of your room to see that your mom had already answered the door.

"She's upstairs," you heard as you turned around and sat back on the beanbag in your room. You heard the footsteps slowly move up the stairs and closer to your room. You looked up from your lap to see Dal standing in the doorway.

"There she is," he smiled. You sat there motionless looking at him. You sniffled once more then held your arms up. He came over and pulled you into his arms sitting on the floor with you.

"Tell me what's wrong,"

"They hate me," you said.

"Who hates you?"

"My friends, all of them hate me, they are all doing stuff without me," you cried. He rubbed your back as you shoved your face into his chest, the tears streaming down your face.

"They don't hate you," he said.

"Yes they do, and it's all Alex's fault," you scolded. Alex was your ex that still maintained his place in the friend group, you had dated a long time ago and he still wasn't over the fact that you were dating someone new.

"Jake, Ian, Kailee, Kayla, Natalie, all of them, out without me, and this isn't the first time, Kayla, Jake, and Alex have been doing stuff without me for weeks while Natalie and Ian have been away. And didn't even bother to text me, I get I left the group chat with all of us, but I only did because Alex is making my life hell about dating you," you shouted. You looked at your boyfriend's stunned face which then relaxed.

"My love, you don't deserve any of this, and if Alex says something else to you tell him to take it to me directly," his face hardened.

"No, I can't do that," you said between sobs.

"Yes you can, you shouldn't have to go through this alone, or at all, I love you and they aren't really your friends if they are going to leave you like this." With those words, you fell even harder for him. He was your defender and someone you could always count on, you were reminded why you fell in love in the first place.

"Thank you," you said.

"Of course," he said wiping the tears off your face, "come here," he pulled your head back to his chest, gently running his fingers through your hair, helping you calm down from your mess.