Nico's POV

It was the day of the dance. Will had made me a charm bracelet with skull, gem, and crown charms. We also got my ears pierced and I was wearing Bia's moon earrings with a black and navy blue suit. Everyone in the school was going, which meant that everyone would know Will and I were together. Well, not together but you know what I mean. Hazel, Percy, Jason, Thalia, and I were all waiting for the others to pick us up. "Nico, you look good!" Bianca complimented. Hazel nodded. 

"More than good." 

"Thanks." I hope Will agrees. 

"When are you leaving?" Bianca asked us. 

"When Will and Frank get here. Should be any minute now." The doorbell rung. "Or right now." I opened the door. Oh gods...Will really was the most handsome boy on the planet. His eyes looked even more blue, if that's possible, and his suit fit him perfectly. He looked like the sun. Radiant. We matched perfectly with each other, which I'm sure he was happy about. I barley registered Frank, Hazel, Percy, Thalia, and Jason talking next to us. 

"Ehi, Will, hai un bell'aspetto." (Hey, Will, you look good) I said hesitantly. Bianca laughed at me for some reason. I had been slowly teaching him some Italian on our dates so he probably knew what I was saying. I didn't know I was speaking Italian though. He blushed.

"Aw, thanks. You too. Amazing, actually." My face flushed too. "By the way, you're speaking Italian." He grinned. 

"S-sorry. You ready to go?" He nodded. "Bye, Bianca." She was fake gagging in the background while we were talking. "Okay, we get it, you don't like romance!" She laughed. 

"Bye, Nico, Hazel....everyone else." We all stepped outside to see a limo, where all of our friends were. We were all going together to save money for rides. Will opened the door for me, like the gentleman he is, and I got in. We sat on the right side, next to each other, across from Hazel and Frank. 

The drive there was fairly fast. Will and I were huddled together to make room for everyone, which I didn't particularly mind. When we entered the room, we froze. As someone that has been on Olympus before, this looked scarily accurate. They had somehow gotten the Muses to preform, which must have cost a literal fortune. It was incredible. 

"Neeks, come on! Let's dance!" Will grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor. It wasn't a slow song, so we unfortunately didn't have an excuse to be that close to each other. I was an okay dancer, but Will was terrible. Cute, but horrible. I laughed, causing him to pout and spin me. 

"Shut up." He said jokingly. 

"I never said I didn't like it." I said, causing him to smile. 

The song ended and a slow song took its place. 

This was it. I was going to ask him to be my boyfriend. He grabbed my waist while I put my hands behind his neck. We swayed for a bit, keeping eye contact. "Hey Will..."

"Yeah?" He asked. "What's wrong?" 

"Do...do you want to be my boyfriend?" I asked, eyes light blue, gold, pink, and light brown, while his eyes lit up. 

"Of course!" Apparently he was really happy because next thing I knew his lips were on mine. My first kiss. And I'm pretty sure his too, but it didn't matter because it felt like I was finally home. Finally completely happy. When we broke apart my mind was completely empty and I could only think one thing. 

"I love you." I muttered against his lips. I felt his smile grow even more. 

"I love you too." We kissed again, this time shorter. I wasn't thinking of everyone staring at us. Of how everyone knew I was gay. Of anything else at the moment besides Will. It was perfect. When we broke apart again, he stared at me eyes. 

"So that's what the pink means." 

"Huh?" I asked, mind still foggy. 

"Your eyes. They're fully pink. Pink means romantic love, doesn't it?" It took me a while to comprehend the question but eventually I nodded. 

"Yeah, it does." 

"They're pretty." I blushed. 

"Your eyes are pretty too." He ducked his head. 

"So you're my boyfriend, huh?" He breathed out. 

"I guess so." I smiled. 

"Good." We kissed again. 

Today had been fun so far. I gained a boyfriend, we kissed, and we said we loved each other. We danced until I couldn't feel my feet and he agreed to sit down and talk. Eventually the dreaded topic came up. 

"So, I noticed that sometimes your eyes turn black or dark blue when the others are around. It's okay if you don't, but do you want to tell me?" I sighed.

"I don't particularly know. I just...I used to be bullied pretty bad in middle and elementary school. There were these three boys in particular, Octavian, Bryce, and Luke. They used to call me things like death breath, zombie boy, shadow guy...things like that as an insult. It started to get physical around 5th grade and continued through middle school. Hazel was the one who was friends with the others. They came to my birthday parties and everything because Hazel asked them too and I had no friends, but we weren't close. We barley even talked. Everyone knew about the bullying except for Hazel but never did anything because they all thought I was creepy. One time it was so bad I almost passed out and they still didn't do anything. It was Reyna that brought me to the nurses office and convinced the others to talk to me. It took years for them to get comfortable with me but I'm still not that close to any of them except Hazel and Reyna. And even with Reyna we don't talk outside everyone else. They tend to make these jokes that remind me of this. It reminds me that they never helped me during that time. It just makes me think they don't really like me. If Hazel and Reyna didn't force them to be friends with me, they would never even talk to me." 

"That's not true, Death B-Neeks..." 

"You can call me Death Boy. I'm fine with you doing it. I know you don't mean it in a mean way. It's just...I'm not sure about the others. I know they're nice people but they don't really like me." 

"They do, Death Boy. Just because you aren't as close as them as the others are doesn't mean they don't like you." He kissed my temple. 

"Thanks, Sunshine. I know. I just forget sometimes." 

"I'll talk to them, okay? I love you." He said. 

"I love you too."