Chapter IV: Why The Fuck Is There So Much Magic?

Senku Ishigami

I didn't get nearly enough sleep. Taiju and Chrome kept me up, talking on and on about how new this is. Apparently Chrome didn't know anything about magic until he got the invitation and Taiju only knows what Y/n's told him.

So now I'm sitting in my first class, trying to take notes and not fall asleep. Thankfully, we start class later on the first day since orientation took so damn long. The teacher -a tall lady with green hair and eyes- is spilling a shit ton of information at once.

"Now!" The teacher shuts her book closed with a decisive clap. "Who can tell me what Arcana is?"

Taiju raises his hand, waving it left and right. "It's magic right?" He shouts.

"Not quite. It's the power to alter what already exists and use that matter to turn it into different things." Y/n's nodding off besides me, head dropping down onto the desk. "Miss Asagiri." Y/n snaps to attention.

"Yes Ma'am?"

"What are the seven types of Arcana?" I assume the teacher thought she could stump Y/n, unaware that she's grown up with this.

"Spacial Arcana, Humana Arcana, Forge Arcana, Unclaimed Arcana, Morph Arcana, Avatar Arcana, and Dramari Arcana." She ticks them off on her fingers. She knew this, ten billion percent.

"Correct," the teacher's jaw clenches, eyes stalking out her next victim. "Mr. Ishigami. What do the different Arcana do?" Shit.

The only one I've even heard of before is Unclaimed Arcana, and that's thanks to Y/n last night when her brother had us introduce overselves. I open my mouth to answer when Y/n speaks for me.

"Spacial Arcana turns the existing into other forms, Humana Arcana can heal, Forge Arcana combines scientific elements into new things-"

"Thank you, Mr Ishigami," she pointedly glares at Y/n. "Can anyone else explain the other types?" No one answers. Of course not, we're all new here; not everyone knows this shit.

"Miss Asagiri is correct about Spacial Arcana and Humana Arcana." I add this into my notes. I'd need this eventually. "Avatar Arcana, controls the four main elements of fire, air, water and earth. Dramari Arcana deals with dreams, allowing the practitioner to go into dreams and turn them into reality. Finally, there is Morph Arcana, very similar to the fictional shape shifting, which changes your own form." Great. Another shit ton of information.

I notice that the teacher hadn't mentioned Unclaimed Arcana -the only kind I sort of knew about- so I bring it up. "What about Unclaimed Arcana?"

The teacher stiffens. So does Y/n from her spot next to me. "Unclaimed Arcana is dangerous. It deals with time and space and left unchecked it can cause mass destruction. Anyone who has Unclaimed Arcana is already aware and under strict supervision." At this she locks eyes with Y/n, her glare never lessening. Witchy must have gotten on her nerves.

I add all of this to my notes, penning all the words out carefully because I can risk to get any of this mixed up. I have to do well here, just as I do in science.

I wish I knew that this damn prophecy would force me to push myself and excel.

Word Count: 543
Author's Note: So things are finally picking up... Sorry for the infodump, lol, I know you aren't supposed to do it but it's whatever. Information is information in fanfiction.