Titan Save the King

Luz flew up to the bubble, panicked and excited at finally finding King.

"King, oh Titan I'm so glad you're safe. We're here to get you out."

King slowly woke up, slightly groggy. When he saw Luz, he instantly became alert and his face filled with panic.

"Luz? You're back from the human realm? What are you doing here? I sent you to your realm to keep you safe! You need to leave. Wait, you said "we"? Who's with you."

Hunter flew up next to Luz and gave a slight wave.

"Hey King. Yeah, Luz and I snuck out from the base. We got back from the Human realm...yesterday I guess technically since it's past midnight, but less than 24 hours ago."

"No. No no no no no. Both of you get out of here before they come back."

"We're not leaving without you. I'm breaking you out." Luz said, pulling out a fire glyph to hopefully break the bubble.

"Luz, wait!"

The second the glyph hit the bubble, it disintegrated and a high pitched almost screeching sound began emitting from the bubble. Luz, Hunter, and King immediately covered their ears, but Owlbert and Flapjack began to get shaky before going back to being just wood.

Luz and Hunter began hurtling towards the ground. Luz quickly grabbed a safety hover glyph from her pocket and activated it just it time that she landed relatively softly on the ground.

A few yards away from her, Hunter was laying in the ground biting into his hand as he tried to not scream in pain. He couldn't pull out the hover glyph fast enough and slammed into the ground on his side, making his arm get shoved out of its socket. A rib cracked and began stabbing into one of his lungs. His arm felt like it had shattered. He was biting down hard enough that his hand began to bleed, but he felt focusing on that was better than screaming from the agonizing pain from the whole left side of his body.

Luz took the currently wooden Owlbert, put him into his palisman form and tucked him into her pocket. She crawled over to Hunter, trying to ignore the splitting pain in her head the screeching sound was giving her.

As she was a few feet away, she noticed Hunter's pin so the Collector couldn't see him was broken on the ground next to him.

Suddenly, the ringing stopped. Hunter and Luz immediately looked towards to door and saw the Collector coming inside.

Luz quickly grabbed an invisibility glyph and tossed it over to Hunter, turning him invisible. She was praying that the Collector wouldn't be able to see him since he was still invisible.

The Collector flew over to King, a massive smile on his face.

"Hey buddy! I told you that you can't move around too much or else the alarm will go off. Remember?"

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." King awkwardly said, "I was just trying to get a better view but slipped and fell. The jostling probably is what set it off."

"I was worried someone was coming to take you. Which, of course, would be impossible because only I can break this bubble."

"Yeah. It'd be crazy for someone to try."

Luz's heart was pounding in her ears, not daring to move and hoping Hunter could stay quiet despite how injured he could be. If the Collector could leave, they could go back to base and heal up Hunter with new information secure.

"I know! Off topic, you're my friend, right?" The Collector sweetly asked.

"Of course! I wouldn't have set you free if I didn't want to be friends."