True Witch

"Look, we don't know that's actually what happened. Maybe the Collector missed a fire glyph or something and my fall activated it." Luz reasoned, a slight nervousness in her voice.

"Luz, do you really think the Collector just happened to miss one and when your finger twirled in a circle as you fell, you just happened to activate it? Is it so hard to believe that you did magic?" King questioned.

"How would that even be possible? Humans can do magic, but only with glyphs."

"I don't know, looked like you made a spell circle to me." Hunter chuckled before wincing in pain.

"Well you're hurt and could have been just seeing things."

"Luz, what will it take to get you to accept that you did magic. I thought you'd be ecstatic about this! The first day you came here you talked about wanting to become a witch like Azura from your books. And now that you actually did it, you deny you can?"

"I just don't want to get my hopes up. Back in the human realm I thought I made a glyph nearly work, but nothing happened when I tried again."

King gave Luz a saddened look, seemed to be thinking about something, then perked up.

"Okay. Then let's see if you can do it again."

Before Luz could respond, King shot up into the clouds. Luz followed, but couldn't see him through the thick clouds.

"Try to find me!" He called out from somewhere.

"I don't have any light gl-"

"Just do a light spell! It was the first glyph you learned and the first spell you tried to learn, so it makes sense that it should be the first spell you do on purpose!"

Luz tried just flying around the clouds, searching for King but couldn't find him. She then checked her pockets to see if maybe there was some blank paper, but nothing.

"Luz," Hunter said with a groan, trying to turn to her, "There's nothing wrong with trying. If you can't do it, that's okay. You've gone your whole life without magic. But, if there's a chance you can actually do this, I think you should take it. Just relax and picture a ball of light, okay?"

Luz hesitated, but decided she might as well try. She closed her eyes and pictured the ball of light that would be made every time she used a light glyph. With a slow exhale, she moved her finger in the air in a circle. As she did she felt a small tingling sensation at her fingertips. After completing the circle, she opened her eyes and saw a small hall of light floating in front of her.

"It's...beautiful." She whispered to herself.

She let the ball of light float through the air and it revealed King flying in place a few yards away from her. They were both beaming at Luz's new abilities.

"Now that we have proof, maybe we go back to base? Eda is definitely going to be pissed and Hunter needs to be healed quickly."

King nodded and followed behind her as they flew to his tower. They landed on the beach and Luz and King got off the staves. Hunter stayed on Flapjack and got extra support from Luz. Owlbert left his staff form and perched on Luz's shoulder. King walked behind her, nervous of what things would be like after being away for so long.

As they got out of the forest and into the clearing, Owlbert flew off Luz's shoulder. She was a bit confused until she saw him land on the shoulder of Eda, who was standing just inside, furious look on her face.

"Luz Noceda, what the FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?!?!? I told you that we weren't ready to fight the Collector, so how in your right mind did you think it'd be a good idea to try and fight him with just you and Hunter? Get inside right now."