Sophie's POV

I walked through the busy halls of my high school, face down. I wasn't exactly the most popular girl at school, I was a geek or a nerd. I have very few friends and I wear dull colors. I was now wearing a black hoodie along with black jeans.

My only three friends walked up to me.

"Sophie guess what!" Linh asked, seeming more happy than usual.

"What?"

"There's a school play! Of Cinderella!"

"That's great, are you planning on auditioning?" I asked, closing my locker.

"Maybe, but I think you should audition for Cinderella!" My eyes widened at the wild suggestion. There is no way I would be on that stage acting and singing in front of several people. I don't even want to socialize with my classmates. And besides Cinderella has to kiss someone. No way I'm doing that.

"That's sweet of you Linh but I'm not really into all that stuff," I said. "What about you guys?"

"I might join the tech crew," Dex answered. He was always into technology, so I thought that it might be a great thing for him to join. I looked at Tam, Linh's twin. He shook his head.

"I'm not into that princessy stuff," he answered. Linh and Tam were complete opposites. Linh was sunshine and smiles and Tam was the opposite. He hates socializing with others and being in large groups. He liked being silent and liked to mind his own business.

"Sophie, you should totally do it! You have an amazing singing voice and I heard Fitz Vacker is auditioning for the role as the prince," she sang the last part and I blushed. Fitz Vacker was the most popular guy at school. And might I say the hottest. All the girls had crushes on them, including me.

Dex rolled his eyes.

"I don't know..."

"Just keep it in mind, the audition paper is by the school entrance and auditions are next week on Wednesday." Was I seriously going to join the school play for a boy I liked?

Maybe.

Then again me and Fitz would be hanging out and we might even become friends!

I quickly decided in my head.

"I'm going to do it," Linh squealed and clapped her hands happily.

"Great! You'll ace the audition," I smiled at my supportive friend.

"Thanks Linh. I got to head to class, I'll see you guys later," even though I was five minutes early to my next class, they already knew I liked being early. I sat at the back of the class as usual, plugged my Earpods to my phone clicking on a random song.

I grabbed my books and started revising everything we were learning, since there was a test today. When my favorite song came on I started singing along.

Fitz's POV

I said bye to my friends before I entered the classroom to find a girl sitting in the back, her Earpods plugged in, her head in her books. She was singing along with the song she was listening to and she had an amazing singing voice.

I was stunned by her voice and even though I didn't know what the song was, I could really feel the emotion as she sang the song word by word.

"You have an amazing voice," I said out loud. The girl's head propped up, surprised she wasn't the only one in the classroom and was so startled she fell off her chair. I immediately rushed to help her.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. She blushed as I helped her up.

"Were you here the whole time?" She asked.

"Only the part where you started singing along. You have an amazing voice," she blushed at the compliment and pushed a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Thanks."

"I'm Fitz Vacker by the way," I say, holding out my hand.

"I'm Sophie Foster." She introduced, shaking my hand. She then lifted her head and I took a good look at her. She was so beautiful. Her brown eyes were gorgeous, and there were golden flecks in her eyes that complimented her eyes really well. Her smiled was also very bright and pretty. Once I realized I was staring, I looked at the ground and cleared my throat.

"You know, you should audition for the school play. You would absolutely astonish the audience with your voice."

"You think so?"

"Yeah." She cleared her throat.

"So are you planning on auditioning for a role?"

"I was planning on auditioning for the role of the prince," I answered. And then a group of students rushed into the room and I heard the bell ring. I took a seat beside Sophie and soon class began.

Sophie's POV

Before I walked home I wrote my name in the audition list for the role of Cinderella. And I couldn't help but remember what had happened earlier. Fitz Vacker talked to me. He complimented me. He even sat next to me!! Before I exited the building I saw Fitz walk past and he gave a cute smile and wave. I returned it, a small blush accompanying my cheeks.

Linh walked up to me.

"Did Fitz Vacker just wave to you?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah, we saw each other in the beginning of 6th period! He had found me singing to myself and he had complimented my singing. He thought I should even audition for the main role in the play," I informed Linh.

"And he's auditioning for the prince. And Cinderella and the prince kiss in the play. So he's practically begging you to kiss him," she said as we started leaving the building. I roll my eyes at her absurd idea.

"That's stupid. Me and Fitz are kinda maybe friends? I don't know but if we get roles that we want, we'll be hanging out together a lot," Tam and Dex joined us.

"What's happening?" He asked.

"We're talking about the fact that Fitz has a little crush on Sophie," Dex grimaced.

"Linh! He doesn't have a crush on me. I don't know if we're even friends." I answered.

"Why is every girl fawning over wonderboy? He's just a regular guy at this high school. Just because his parents are rich doesn't change anything." I rolled my eyes at Dex's jealousness.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow, bye!" I waved to the three of them and headed home. 

~

Hello! You have now clicked on The Play! I've had this idea in for a long time now and I know I already have 2 other books to keep track of one (one that I'm going finish soon) but I've already started writing this one in in a google doc and decided to publish it! 

I'm hoping this book will be about 15-20 chapters long, don't worry I'll try to make more ideas to keep it going! And don't worry this book won't have any A/N's, other than the ones at the end of the chapters! Next chapter will be out soon! Byeee!