Chapter 6 - Domestic

Noah's POV -

I watched defeatedly as Mabel walked away from me, I was internally cursing my behaviour. I definitely reacted too strongly in front of her but i felt the way i handled the situation was necessary.

I knew the dangers that lurked in the forests around here and i definitely knew it was a stupid idea bring Mabel out here but i was too eager in being able to share a large part of myself with her, even though she wouldn't know how much it actually meant to me.

Her figure grew smaller as she walked further away from me. My thoughts of self-loathing cleared and i was left with a strong pang of overwhelming sadness while watching my mate walk away from me.

Would she appreciate it if i chased after her?

Fuck it.

I pushed off into a jog, heading straight towards her, "Mabel, please stop, I'm sorry for over reacting."

She halted suddenly a few feet in front of me, "it's rude to snarl at people you know Noah? You're not an animal."

I flinched back slightly lucky her back was still turned, "I know, it was rude, you're right lass. Please look at me so I can apologise properly."

Mabel pivoted slowly, her face blank as she looked at me, Goddess if looks could kill...

I risked closing the small distance between us and looked down into her bottomless blue eyes, I gently brushed her hair behind her ear, "I'm sorry, wee Honey. I swear I will never do it again, forgive me? Please?"

She tapped a finger to her lips to show her contemplation, and I pouted mine to show how really sorry I was. She giggled lightly and a small smile stretched across her face, she huffed "fine, but only because you were so nice about it."

I grinned at her, "thank you, baby. Now please let me cook for you, hm? Let me show you how truly sorry I am"

Mabel rolled her eyes playfully, "oh, if you insist."

.

I was slightly nervous to bring Mabel to my home, even though my pack resided in a small village we still made sure that the higher ups lived in a packed in street, I was the Beta of the pack and so lived directly next door to the Alpha, also on my street was the Delta and the pack nurse.

They would all surely see, if not smell, Mabel being brought into my home which would of course only spark rumours. No time to think about everyone else, I needed to sorely focus on Mabel, I had to show her that I was the perfect man for her. That we were perfect for each other.

As I led her up the street I could feel eyes on us and surely Mabel did too, considering she kept looking around apprehensively. Luckily, she was walking in front of me and didn't notice when I made shooing motions with my hand at the lingering pack members, hopefully they would leave us alone for the night.

I swooped in front of her and led her the rest of the way down the short street and opened a black gate leading into my front garden, she smiled at me.

"This is very pretty, Noah. Did you do this yourself?" She questioned as she took in the wild flowers, bird bath and small apple trees.

"Sure did Honey, I like to garden sometimes in my free time when I'm not working, keeps me busy." I winked at her and pushed her gently towards my blue door.

"Oh, what do you do for work?" She asked as she turned to me. I balked slightly, I hadn't been prepared to answer this question for some reason and I was internal cursing myself because of it.

"I'm a... owner of a small company me and my Alp-" I cleared my throat, "me and my friend made, we fix peoples roofs?" It ended more in a question than I statement, Mabel picked up on it.

"Why are you saying it like your asking me?"

I cleared my throat again, I hated having to lie to her, "well we were looking at expanding you see, so not just roofs but flooring as well." I rubbed the back of my neck, "it's all just a bit up in the air right know, y'know?" I smiled at her innocently and prayed she swallowed the lies I'd just fed her.

Instead of waiting to hear her response I turned away from her and unlocked my door, stepping inside quickly I switched the main hall lights on and kicked my boots off, Mabel stepped in slowly, checking out the house. She slipped her shoes off and placed them neatly by the door. I loved the look of her and her things in my home.

"So, what you cooking me?" She asked, "you better be a good cook mister."

I looked at her with my hands placed on my hips and head tilted slightly, "and what if I wasn't? Hm?"

I was, thankfully, quite a good chef I often helped cook meals for the pack after the full moon, being a wolf was sadly like a stereotypical wolf movie, we turned every full moon without ever being able to stop it. Cooking afterwards was something that helped me bond with my pack and I took pride in providing for them, just as I would when I cooked for my wee mate.

.

Mabel moaned slightly as she rubbed her slightly bloated stomach, she was still yet to swallow the last mouthful of pasta in her mouth, though it was no fancy meal, I had prepped a beef pasta for my honey with all the fresh ingredients from my garden. Nothing better than a homegrown meal.

I laughed at her pained face, "Honey, stop when you're full."

She groaned and her head fell backwards, "God Noah, it was too good to leave, you have to understand!"

I chuckled as I stood and I began to clear the dishes away, I had began to take her empty bowl when her hand touched the back of mine, light sparks shot up my arm leaving a wake of goosebumps, I shivered. She smiled at me, "please let me do the dishes, it's the least I can do," she was so, so sweet my honey.

I nodded my thanks and we continued to clean, taking the dishes to the kitchen, we fell into a natural routine of her washing and me drying and putting away.

After a small while of comfortable silence she spoke, "this feels very domestic, don't you think?"

I hummed slightly in response finishing drying the plate in my hands, I turned to put it away before I answered her, "it does, but I think I like it. Don't you?"

She paused her cleaning at my words and held her hands under the soapy water, "yes.. I think I do."

I internally danced for joy, I knew the mate bond would be working on her, but I didn't want to over assume how much she felt for me yet, I hadn't want to get my hopes up.

She turned to look at me, her eyes were drooped slightly as if she was embarrassed by her revelation, I smiled at her encouragingly, letting her know her feelings were in fact reciprocated. I inched towards her slowly, as if not to spook, and gently lifted a hand to cup her now red cheeks. Her eye lids fluttered and I leaned my head forwards, once I was close enough to feel her breath on my lips, her eyes lids slid closed and I took that as my go ahead to press our lips together.

Our lips met and sparks shot around my face at the contact, she hummed slightly in delight and brought her soapy hands up to reach around my neck to tug me tighter against her. I groaned and deepened the kiss, we began to move our lips hungrily against one another. Mabel's tongue slid out her mouth and flicked against the seam of my closed lips, I opened for her and our tongues clashed together.

We both moaned, my hands slipped from her face to grip her hips and I tugged her body closer to mine. Just as I reached around her body to grip onto her arse, my front doorbell rang, I groaned slightly but continued, whoever that was could wait. We continued, though less enthusiastically, the moment ruined by the intrusion.

We broke apart completely when the ringing was followed by a heavy thudding fist on my door, I lay my forehead on hers and closed my eyes in annoyance, i stood up straight and pressed a single, sweet kiss to her forehead, "I'm sorry wee thing, I better get that." She nodded understandingly and wiped the back of her hand over her mouth.

"Of course, I'll wait here for you," she smiled at me and made a slight shooing motion with her hands.

I was going to kill the son of a bitch who had interrupted us.

________