01

_______ ๑ꕤ๑ _______

_______ ๑ꕤ๑ _______

"God, this is so frustrating! I knew something was wrong with that Sunmi girl"

Hyejin scoffed and covered her face using her infamous totoro pillow before rolling on the side of her bed, kicking her legs aggressively in frustration.

It was 8pm and she was still hooked on the book she had been reading since the morning. She wore her earphones and played her 'sad songs playlist' so that she could get into the mood.

"If I was Eunji, I would've-" the girl's rant was stopped by a few loud knocks on the door. That was probably her younger brother playing tricks on her again.

She heaved a sigh and quickly rose from her bed, putting down the book that she was holding gently on a small wooden table next to her bed.

"What do you want?" Hyejin opened the door halfway before giving her brother a blank stare.

The younger guy let out a quiet chuckle at the girl's behaviour before clearing his throat.

"Mom asked you to buy the groceries, here's the list" he said bluntly and handed the small paper in her hand.

"What? Why me? Isn't it your turn this time?" Hyejin crossed her hands as she let out an angry scoff.

"I know, but I'm really busy right now!"

"With what? Your stupid genshin game?" Hyejin spat out a sarcastic remark and rolled her eyes.

"Bingo" he sent a playful wink and quickly dashed inside his room, not forgetting to lock it so his sister can't enter the room.

"Hey, get back here you brat! HAN YUJIN!" she knocked on his door violently, waiting for yujin to finally open the door.

She turned her heels angrily and quickly bounced down the stairs. Her gaze fell on the female figure that was sitting on a couch in front of the tv.

"Mom, this is not fair! It's Yujin's turn today" Hyejin stood in front of her mother and pouted, convincing the older figure to call for her brother instead.

The female sighed and let out a small chuckle "That's just how boys his age are. You can still help me with the groceries, right?"

"Fine, i guess" Hyejin grumbled, turning away from her mother and quickly mouthed a 'not fair'.

She put on her favourite grey hoodie and zipped it up. She had to cover herself properly since it was cold outside, especially during night time.

The grocery store she was heading to wasn't that far away, approximately around 10 minutes walk from her house. She would usually ride her parents white scooter, but not today as her dad took it to a service shop to fix something.