02

_______ ๑ꕤ๑ _______

Hyejin kept on looking at the round clock on the wall. Why is the time moving so slow?

It was the last subject for the day, Maths.

Oddly enough, she loves math. People kept on saying how they hate the subject because it's too hard and complicated, which she couldn't deny. Though, she loves the feeling when she successfully answers the math questions by herself, it makes her feel smart.

But not today.

Today her math teacher, Ms. Park decided to recap the previous chapters, which she has aced. Hyejin kept on playing with her pen, drawing cute gojo doodles on her notebook. She couldn't help but to feel bored during the whole lesson.

"Okay class! Today's lesson ends here. Don't forget to hand in your homework tomorrow" Ms. Park walked to her table, she took all of her stuff and held them carefully in her hands.

Hyejin's eyes opened widely. She turned her head to the left, facing her friend Hyunsoo, "Wait, what homework?"

Hyunsoo face-palmed, "Dumbo, did you not pay attention during the lesson? I'll text you the homework" he replied and quickly shove everything in his bag, ready to leave the class.

"Hey wait!" she yelled and turned to her back "Wonhee, are you coming?"

"No, sadly" she pouted "I have a debate practice with Gunwook today"

"Aw, goodluck then!" Hyejin gave her friend a side hug before fixing her bag pack.

"Thanks! See you tomorrow love" Wonhee chuckled and blew a kiss playfully, which Hyejin returned back.

Hyejin fastened her pace, trying to catch up to her male friend.

"Took you long enough" Hyunsoo spoke up, looking down at the girl with a smug grin.

Hyejin nudged his shoulder before crossing her arms, "Excuse you, I had to say goodbye to my best friend"

Hyunsoo crossed his arms dramatically, mimicking his friend. "Oh wow, I am offended Hyejin. Am i not your best friend too?"

"You aren't that important" Hyejin retorted and let out a playful laugh. "Look, the bus is here. Let's go"

The two teenagers made their way inside the bus, taking their seats beside each other. After a few minutes, the bus stopped near Hyunsoo's apartment. He stood up and walked outside, not forgetting to say goodbye to the girl.

Not too long after that, the bus stopped at Hyejin's destination. She quickly thanked the driver and ran outside.

Hyejin looked at her hand watch and let out a soft sigh. I still have 10 minutes, great

Hyejin fixed her posture and started walking towards the local vintage book store, where she works as a part-timer. She carefully pushed the glass door and greeted the owner.

"Welcome Hyejin. How was school today?" An old woman with short white hair asked her as she kept her eyes on the book shelf.

"Just the same Grandma, nothing exciting" Hyejin sighed and took off her bag, shoving it under the cashier table.

She turned her head towards the old woman who was busy organizing the book shelf, "Do you need help with that?"

"Oh, yes please" the woman chuckled before flashing a smile at the teenager.