04

"Jungwon, are you up for the challenge?"

"Yes!"

"Are you sure you're mentally and physically ready for this?"

"Yes ma'am!"

"Great, let's do this!

Jungwon and Hyejin shook their hands together and wore their colourful bandanas over their heads, making the situation more dramatic as if they were in a k-drama. It was yet another week where Ms. Yang would put up everything on promotion , from fictions to educational books. It had been a few months since the last promotion week, and the shop got crazy hectic that the shop owner had to ask other family members to take over the shop.

Jungwon cleaned the windows while Hyejin was busy setting up the tables for the promotion. On the other hand, Ms. Yang was putting up the new prices for the books. She was glad that she didn't need to call for backup since the two teenagers promised to help her out this time. However, they had to rush the preparation since more people started lining up outside.

The line was getting longer as the customers were eager to enter. Soon, the clock turned 10, indicating it was time for them to open the door. The customers rushed in, almost bumping into each other. Hands were all over the tables, snatching the books they're planning to buy. It was full of people, making it almost impossible to even walk further as both teenagers were stuck among the crowd.

The shop was basically flooded with customers and the small interior didn't help. Hyejin could barely move as a guy with a bigger build kept pushing her, making her almost stumble towards one of the bookshelf. It got worse when the guy moved back and basically crushed into the smaller girl to the point that she could smell the stranger's armpits.

"Woah there, be careful" Jungwon quickly pulled her hand out of the corner, making her accidentally bumped into his chest. She widened her eyes in surprise as she looked up, only to see that the boy was already looking down at her figure.

"Oh shit, sorry" Hyejin quickly pushed herself out of his embrace and fixed her posture. Her cheeks turned red in embarrassment as she averted her gaze somewhere else. They both stood there awkwardly, not knowing how to clear up the misunderstanding. Thankfully, a customer called over Hyejin, letting her escape from the situation.

On the other hand, Jungwon felt like he could pass out from the embarrassment. His heart beat was getting faster and he didn't like this feeling. He felt weird. His thoughts quickly interrupted by Ms Yang who called his name several times to help her out at the cashier.

"That'll be ₩35, sir. Thank you and please come again!" Jungwon handed the plastic to the last customer and bowed. He used the hem of his shirt to wipe the sweat that was basically dripping from his forehead as a sigh escaped his lips. He could finally sit down and relax as he chugged down the water from his black metal bottle. He looked up to see his grandmother walking towards him, smiling ear to ear.

"How are you feeling, Wonnie? You don't have to push yourself if you're tired" Ms. Yang's face turned into a concern look as she pat Jungwon's head, gaining a chuckle from the younger boy. Jungwon took his grandma's hands and held it tightly before shaking his head.

"No, grandma. I'm always happy to help you, this is the least I can do to repay all the things you did for me" He replied. He couldn't lie, he felt too tired to even move his muscles but at the same time, it was worth it. He liked this new routine. Jungwon smiled as he opened his arms and quickly embraced his grandmother in a heartwarming hug, rocking her smaller figure from left to right. Hyejin watched them in awe, feeling envious of their close relationship.