2 Spring Souls

"Come on Ty it's spring break for crying out loud!" My friend Sarah exclaimed. She was trying to get me, the quiet one, to go out to the big Spring Break Beach Party hosted by the mayor's son Wyatt.

"Why!?! You know all you're gonna do is leave me like last time!" I exclaimed back.

"That's because you weren't doing anything last time! I wanted to enjoy myself and all you wanted to do was run to some corner and whine about the clothes I picked out for you!" She argued. She was right. Last time we went out I hated the little dress Sarah had picked out for me and found myself a corner in the club to hide away from those lingering eyes.

"Fine I'll go." I murmured. She squealed and bear hugged me before pulling out what looked to be a bathing suit and a sarong from her huge purse.

"I knew you'd agree eventually so I took the liberty of bringing you an outfit!" I glared at her as she handed me the clothes.

"This is gonna be a ling night." I grumbled heading to my bedroom to change.
~~~~~~~~~~~$$$$$$~~~~~~~~~~
I walked along the shoreline, moving farther and farther away from the loud music and the chaotic young adults just needing to get away.

As I was walking I could hear what sounded like a male voice singing behind one of the big rocks that separated the beach from the untouched part. Coming around the corner, I stop abruptly seeing this absolutely gorgeous white man with only a pair of dark jeans on sitting in the sand singing What a Wonderful World.

I see trees of green... red roses to

I see them bloom...for me and for you and I think to myself

What a wonderful world...

As I tried to get closer to hear him better without noticing, I trip over a rock and land safely on my elbows. Phew!

"You know it's not polite to snoop around and not introduce yourself." Says the deep voice of the singing stranger. I saw as his hand landed in front of my face to take. I grabbed his hand and he helped me up.

"Sorry I was just...passing by." I muttered dusting the sand off of me.

"Well I'm sorry to let you know the end is very near." He said and I watched as he motioned to the big rocks in front of me.

"Oh...well I'm sorry for...interrupting your song I'll just head back." I went to turn around but the sudden grip on my wrist caused me to give him my undivided attention.

"Wait you don't have to go back...I was wondering if you could sit out here with me. I was getting a little...lonely." He said. I contemplated and looked back at the other side of the beach before turning back to him. "Sure." I watched as he smiled and gestured to the blanket on the sand. Smiling back I walked over and plumped down on it with him following.

"So what's you name?" He asked.

"Tyler." I say.

"Cute." He says and I look over at him in disbelief. "Really?"

"Yeah...has this edge to it." He exaggerated and I giggled.

"So...what's your name?" I asked. He looked at me with disbelief before responding, "You don't know who I am?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Wyatt, Wyatt Middleton."

"Oh you're the one hosting this event?"

"Yeah...You never heard of me?"

"Well I've heard of your name from friends, no offense but I'm not very fond of the hole party scene."