Chapter 16: The Painful Past

Hey guys.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has read "Adventures of a Nerdy Girl" so far. This one has been an absolute joy for me to write and I love hearing feedback from you.

This is about the half way-ish point and I wanted to remind you that there is a second part, called "Angel in Chains" which is Ignacio's story. I hope you enjoy both and here is the next chapter.

As always enjoy XD

============================================================

Watching that fire burn was like seeing my own desire to see my family again. Were they okay? They must be wondering what is going on. I knew that I had to tell them the truth of who I really was. Will they accept me for me? I was terrified but I knew they deserved the whole story.

I was lost in my thoughts when Ignacio touched me on the shoulder.

"We have to do something about the fire or the locals are going to panic."

I nodded and walked over to Levy.

"Levy, I was wondering if you could make some foam to stop the fire." I asked.

"Foam? Why don't I freeze the fire?" Gray pondered as icicles started to form around his fists.

"No. This is a gasoline fire. The only way to stop it is with foam." Naomi explained.

"Oh I understand." Levy noted as she held out her hands.

Solid Script Foam                              

The word foam appeared out of midair and landed on the burning wreakage of the plane. The flames subsided and the metal sizzled. After a few more hits from the foam, the fires were completely out. Smoke billowed in the sky.  The locals would still be concerned to see a burnt plane so I used some of my powers to make the wreckage sight into a hill.

"All right. Let's find some place to rest for the night." I said as I stumbled a little bit. Luckily Ignacio caught me.

"Aw man. I wanted to fight some more." Natsu pouted.

"Wait just one minute girly! I ain't going anywhere with you until you explain a few things." Gajeel approached me yelling.

Before he got near me, both Ignacio and Raoul pulled out their swords and pointed them at Gajeel. He backed up a little bit.

"I will explain everything once we find a place to stay for the night."

With that we started to walk under the sky filled with stars.

I am not sure how long we walked but soon I saw smoke from a chimney. It was a little farm house with a barn on the side. The house was made of soft gray bricks which seemed to have been there for ages with a red roof. It was something out of Shakespeare's time. The barn looked like the house yet it was larger. It was decided that Ignacio and I would go up to the door to see if we could stay in their barn.

An elderly woman opened the door.

"Yes? May I help you young ones?" She asked.

"Miss, we were wondering if my friends and I could stay in your barn for the night." Ignacio began.

"My barn? I am not sure...."

"We are trying to get to London but we seemed to be lost."

"Oh you poor things. Well maybe for one night."

"Thank you very much, ma'am!" I exclaimed.

"My name is Mavis."

"I am Ignacio."