Chapter 9- The Painful Past

Ignacio was approaching us rapidly. I had to try and stop him.

  “Ignacio!” I yelled. He did not hear me.

Erza was requipping into her Adamantine armor. The first part, a lower plate which covered her stomach and most of her chest beared a simple diamonds and stripes pattern engraved into it near the top. On top of that was another plate which hangs from the neck and goes to her midsection. Extending over the top plate are four round, metallic extensions which attach underneath the plate around the neck. The neck features a large cylindrical plate which is sectioned off into six progressively larger sections. Around each shoulder were very large shoulder guards with four distinct sections with a large spike jutting off to separate each section from the next. The armor features large gauntlets bearing the sectioning pattern of the rest of the armor with the sections becoming smaller as the gauntlets move in towards her hands. Underneath the bottom chest plate was a skirt bearing a woven pattern. The edge of the skirt was small spikes and a larger spike hangs beneath every other small one, dangling over the leg greaves. The greaves bore the same sectioning pattern as the rest of the armor but are split down the middle with a large piece covering the knee. Several curved spikes jut out from the outward facing sides of the greaves. Atop her head sat a large, spiked headdress. She began to make her shield expand to protect us from Ignacio.

 “Ignacio!” I bellowed a bit louder racing towards him and past Erza.

My heart was pounding out of my chest with each step I took. Fairy Tail and Naomi was yelling but my heart drowned them out.

            Ba-dub

            Ba-dub

            Ba-dub

Words alone would not stop him. I had to stop him by force. As I raced towards him, an image of a sword came into my mind. It seemed awfully familiar to me. Slowly it began to materialize in my hand. It was a long sword with a gold hilt with engravings of roses scattered throughout. At the tip of the hilt was a large round piece of amethyst. The blade itself was like Ignacio’s as it appeared to be made out of the purest diamonds.

Ignacio’s descent was rapid, like my heart rate. I swung my sword around as Ignacio was about to strike Erza’s shield.

            Ba-dub

            Ba-dub

    “IGNACIO!” I hollered at the top of my lungs.

Our blades met each other in a collision which sent sparks flying. It was hard to hold back of Ignacio’s blow but for some strange reason, I did.

 “R…ochelle? What are you…” Ignacio was dumbfounded.

He looked at me in astonishment. His eyes that once were the color of the sea in the middle of a raging storm softened to the comforting blue I knew.

I stared back at him not ready to back down.

“Don’t hurt my friends, Ignacio!” I pleaded as I pushed him back.

He withdrew his blade and hovered in the air as the other angelic warrior approached.

“Friends? I thought you were in danger! My pendant reacted.”

“I was in danger but Fairy Tail appeared and saved Naomi and I.” I placed the tip of my blade on the dew covered grass.

Realizing that there was no danger, Ignacio floated down to the ground, his friend followed suit. Once their feet touched the ground, mere feet away from me, their wings vanished. I breathed a sigh of relief.