Just me and you.

I pulled up to the wheeler house. Nancy's car wasn't in the driveway... she must have headed to Steve's already.

Dustin quickly opened the door

"Remember you cover me I cover for you"

"Sure" he rolled his eyes and dashed to the door.

------------------------------------------------------------

My palms were dripping as I gripped onto the steering wheel. Overwhelming stress was consuming me. Maybe I'm in a little too deep with this whole party thing. At least Nancy and Barb will be there.

I pulled into the driveway, no sign of Nancy or Barb.

Knowing Nancy she probably parked 3 blocks down.

They were probably already in, so mind as well just get it over with and go in.

I walked up to the door slowly reaching for the doorbell.

Gosh that door bell blared.

Steve whipped open the door.

"Nice to see you Henderson. You know I called but some kid answered."

"That would be my brother"

Steve gestured me in.

"Well Tommy and Carol are out by the pool, but trust me you do not want to be out there right now."

"How about a drink or something... what do you like"

"Oh umm... whatever is fine"

Steve came back with a tall bottle of liquor and two shot glasses.

I had never really drank any alcohol so this would be interesting.

I watched as he poured. He was calm, in comparison to my internal freak out. Once both are shot glasses were poured I grabbed mine slowly raising it. The smell of it burned my senses only freaking me out more. 

"Henderson, you sure about this?"

"Yeah, let's just do it"

"Alright one two..." we clanged are classes together. 

I downed it trying not to take notice of the continuous burning sensation I was feeling.

"Okay, woah... That one hurt" Steve groaned out.

I nodded in agreement. Still recovering from whatever I just drank.

"I never pegged you as a party girl , but you took that shot not half that bad"

" Mmm, well never drank before" I raised my shot glass towards Steve, "and here is to the start of my party girl days."

"Alright, alright" Steve poured the drink to the glasses again. 

We raised our glasses and downed it once more.

We sat there for a minute after, until Steve cut the silence "You know Henderson, I really enjoyed this... you know this just me and you thing."

I looked down and smiled nervously, and just as I was about to say something the doorbell rang.