Prologue

"I'm so happy you invited me on this trip. This is really cool." I said thanking Harry. It was a hot day in June when I was on that ship. Sea breeze ran through my hair as I looked out on the sparkling waters alongside my best friend, Harry.

"Well, this was my father's gift to us. To have this boating trip for the end of the school year." Harry said, his green his gazing out onto the ocean.

"I know what boating trips are like, but I have yet to be one on a yacht until now. I can't afford that luxury." I smiled rolling my eyes and turning around, leaning my back on the side of the boat. Harry stared at me, and I noticed him looking.

"What?" I asked and he blinked like he was being taken out of a trance.

"Nothing." He mumbled. Then he walked away and I followed.

"You don't need to come, I'm just thirsty. I'm going for a drink of water." Harry said, he scurried away. I knew he wasn't thirsty, I had already noticed the bulge he was hiding in his pants. I didn't want to bring it up though, I wanted him to be comfortable around me, not embarrassed.

After ten whole minutes just to get a glass of water, Harry returned empty handed. I squinted at him.

"Where's the water?" I asked, egging him on.

"I... uh... I drank it." Harry stuttered. I grinned and stared back at the ocean. Suddenly, we heard a big boom.

"Fire!!!" Someone yelled. Alarms began to go off and I got scared. I looked around and I saw Harry who looked frightened too. Suddenly, Harry's father came running toward us.

"Come on kids, we have to get you off of this boat." Des ordered and we rushed to a lifeboat. We went on and Harry's dad put us in the lifeboat. "I want you guys to be safe first and I'm not leaving you."

The boat with all three of us splashed onto the water. What a waste of a boat... I thought. Des paddled is away from the ship and fog covered the ocean.

"Hello!!!" Des yelled out, hoping to hear someone in another boat so he can navigate the boat through the dog.

"Hello!!!" Someone answered, Des looked around to figure out which direction they were in.

"Hello!!!" Des repeated again, and there was no answer. Suddenly, Des had a look of defeat on his face, and slouched in the boat. He looked depressed.

We laid in our boat and suitcases floated toward us. Des took the suitcases and took out the clothing inside. I sat in a corner of the boat, shivering from the now cold sea breeze in the night. Harry sat in another corner, and no one spoke. A few things floated to Des, food, clothing, pictures, and a wet cellphone that still worked.

Des slowly tried to dial on the flip phone but it said there was no signal. He got grunted in frustration and threw the phone onto the floor of the boat. Then, his face lit up once he saw the sight of land.