Chapter 30

Today is December 21st, and Christmas break just began. There's no snow here right now. In Yorkshire, it snows around January according to Hines (yeah, we talk a lot. None of my friends know), sort-off bad timing.

The courtyard is filled with a lot of people coming home for the Holidays. Buses and taxis and cars were scattered everywhere that I had a difficult time looking for Ben to give him all of the stuff I'm thinking of bringing home for the Holidays.

"Where's Callum?" I asked

"He told me he's doing something" Ben said "We're gonna have to wait for him"

"Ben, I have to be somewhere today" I said "Just take my stuff home and I'll just go home by myself"

Ben seemed puzzled.

"You sure?" he asked

I nodded.

"Yeah" I said

Other than that, Luke's leaving for Paris tonight and he'll be back on January 8, a day before school starts.

"Bon Voyage, Luke!!!" Cassius said, and then he hugged Luke

"Thanks!" Luke said "Happy Christmas!!!"

"Have fun in France" Isaiah said

"Tell Tess and Aliesh I said Hi" Luke said

"Tess and Aliesh? Your sisters?" Chantel asked

"Yeah" Isaiah said "They're visiting me from Los Angeles"

"Helena" Luke approached Helena and hugged her "Have fun in Wales"

"I'm glad I'm coming home again this Holiday Season" Helena looked into Luke's eyes later on "And, I'm glad you'll be seeing your dad again this Holiday Season"

I looked away because I don't want to feel jealous or anything. Helena's my best friend, and Luke's my boyfriend so, I trust them both.

"uhh, Hey Joe!" Jade dragged me "Aren't you, uhh, aren't you going anywhere this Holiday Season? Like, the Philippines perhaps? Aren't you going to visit your family and friends there?"

It was obvious that Jade was coming for my rescue. She probably knows seeing Helena and Luke dangle each other in front of me even though they weren't doing it on purpose to mess with me made me feel a little bit jealous since something did in fact had happened between those two in the past...

Everyone turned to me.

I shook my head.

"No" I said "I don't think I'm going anywhere for the Holidays. But on the bright side, this is gonna be my first Christmas in UK"

"umm-" Jade said, and then she turned to Chantel "Tel, what about you?"

"I already told you I'm going to Ayr" Chantel replied

"I'm sorry? Where?" I asked

"Ayr" Chantel said "It's this large town in Scotland. It's only a 4-hour drive from Ilkley"

"What about you, Jade?" I asked

"I'll be staying at Croydon with my brothers" she said "Wish I could go to India"

"Lily's lucky she's going to America" Stefan said

"No way!" I turned to Lily "You are?"

God! I miss America!

"It's gonna be my first visit there" Lily said "What's America like, Joe?"

"I don't know" I said "Exactly like what you see on films?"