Chapter 45

Ben was the one drving me to school after the half term holiday. Also, he is the only one I could trust. Callum decided to take the bus from now on, much to dad's dismay. Throughout the holiday, I only had Ben and George's twin daughters, Maisie and Jaidee for company. Callum would just be studying and staying quiet, as if nothing happened, and as if he didn't do anything that screwed my relationship with my dad. Honestly, I kind of missed dad, but he's just overreacting. He was very serious about grounding me that he even took my gadgets, including my phone and my laptop away. I honestly don't care.

Since dad didn't want to see me and since he knows I don't want to see him, he asked Ben to come over to accompany me while he's working. I told Ben everything that happened. He said he can already tell. Ben wasn't siding with me, nor he was siding with dad however, he did tell me to give dad some respect. I did admit that I was wrong to disrespect him, but, I don't know. I guess I just thought he went a little bit too far.

I literally ran to Luke when we saw each other again after a whole week. But then, he didn't seem to be in the mood.

"I'm sorry about my dad." I said.

"Don't be." he said, and then he walked past by me.

"Hey!" I grabbed his arm.

"Joe, you have to listen to your dad when he tells you I am not the one for you." he said.

"That's not true!" I said "Would you listen to yourself! He brainwashed you, didn't he?!"

"I choose to be like this!" he said.

I was in a state of schock.

"You don't want to be with me?" I asked.

He scratched his head.

"I do," he said "More than anything!"

"Prove it!" I demanded.

"How?"

I walked closer to him and held his hand.

"Run away with me," I said.

He shook his head.

"You crazy?!" he shrieked "Your dad will eventually find you, and I will be a fugitive!"

"Fugitive for doing what?" I asked.

"You're 17, I'm 18! I will get accused for kidnapping, statutory rape or something!"

"Then I'll make sure you won't." I said.

He shook his head.

"Where do we go?" he asked "But I'm telling you, your dad will eventually find you!"

"Let's run away from England. Let's go to Scotland or Wales. That way, he'll never find us because we're in another place."

"Just so you know, England is a big place, yet, it's on a tiny island.  I guess Scotland's a great place to hide. However, we'll still be in Great Britain either way."

"We'd have better chances if we run to Ireland-"

"We can't go to Ireland because you're still a minor," he said "You need to tell your dad if you plan to leave for Ireland. Besides, your dad has many connections in Ireland. With that, it'll be easy to find us."