25 - Blair

Song: I wanna be yours by Arctic Monkeys

Flashback - 11 years ago

I run out of the lunch door towards the playground excited to play on the swings.

I stop in front of the swings looking down at my pretty dress shoes. sand now getting in them.

Mommy had saved up a lot to get me these and now the sand is ruining them. I quickly run back to the grass. I sit on the grass, my pretty dress laying around me.

I carefully take off my shoes and dump the sand out. I make sure both shoes have no sand in them before placing them together on the grass neatly.

I stand now excited to get back to the swings. I run towards the swings to stop and see one of my classmates already swinging.

I smile brightly at the chance of making a new friend, I walk to the side of them careful not to get hit by the swing and I wave cheerfully at the boy swinging.

"Hi my name is Blair! What's yours?" He continues to swing ignoring me. I giggle he probably can't hear me from going back and forth so fast. Silly me.

Suddenly another little boy comes up and begins talking to the boy on the swing and he stops to listen. I smile again now I can finally talk to him.

I walk in front of the swing to where he is now sitting laughing with his friends.

"Hi my name is Blair! What's yours?"

They stop talking and look at me and I smile bigger. They both look at me up and down with a confused look on their faces. "Where are your shoes?" Asks the boy on the swing.

I gasp looking back at my shoes on the grass. I can show off my shoes! "Oh wait, right here I'll get them!" I run back to where my shoes sit. I quickly pick them up and bring them back to where the boys wait.

I brush my hair out of my face pushing my shoes out in front of me showing them off.

"Aren't they pretty? My mommy saved for a long time to be able to get them for me." I smile at them waiting for them to say something.

I watch as they look at each other and start to laugh. My face falls. Why are they laughing at me? Did I do something funny?

"Your mommy saved for those? They're ugly." Says the boy standing next to the boy in the swing.

My stomach drops at his insult.

"They are not ugly they are very pretty." I snap back bringing my shoes to my chest.

I look at the boy in the swing to see if he would agree with me.

He looks at me and my shoes.

"Can I look closer at them?" His friend looks at him confused at what he's doing but I smile and bring them back out handing them to him.

I brush my hands down my dress watching him look at my shoes.

Suddenly he takes one of the shoes and throws them behind me into the sand. I gasp at the action looking at my shoes covered in sand. He quickly throws the other one in a different direction but this shoe lands in the mud.

"No!" I scream rushing towards my shoe. They both start laughing and tears start sliding down my cheeks.

I drop to my knees on the mud picking up my shoe. I start to cry harder to see that its ruined. I look around to find a teacher but see none. I begin to try and wipe the mud off the shoe when I hear the boy's laughter come closer.