Chapter 23

Zira began thinking of a few animals that she'd met during her travels or people she'd heard of. "Sooo, do you even have suggestions as to these so called hunters you can bring into my army?" Asked Slade as he twirled his claw in the lake. "I have a few, there are these two leopards I met who despise most everyone, and I know that at the tree of life there are two feisty hunters, and we're bound to find someone else to join our ranks along the way." Said Zira. "Hmm, very well, I suppose we shall pay your friends a visit then." He said smirking evilly as they began walking.

Meanwhile Kion was patrolling the area that the Pride was resting in when one of his friends came over. "Hey Erazor, what's up?" He asked smiling. "Hey, I'm sorry that I had to be the one to say this but me and the others are leaving, we can't survive here in this darkness and we have our own homes to take care of." Said Erazor. "Oh I see, well I can't say that I'm not upset but I understand, and I promise I'll visit whenever I get a free period to come over." He said smiling. "Thanks I'm glad you are so understanding about this." Said Erazor before leaving. Kion knew he'd need a new members for his so called guard and he began thinking when he landed on Vitani's friends and maybe Vitani herself he'd just have to figure this out.

"Well, well, well, the prodigal lion returns." Said a voice he'd not heard in forever. "Ugh I had hoped you'd moved on." Said Kion as he turned around looking into the piercing blue eyes of a Bengal Tiger. "Hehe, you can't get rid of your past that easily little cub." Said the tiger. "What do you want Corag?" Asked Kion with a look that said no games. "Ugh you were more fun last time, I wonder how they'd react seeing you like this." He said smirking only to find himself quickly pinned with claws to his throat. "You tell them I am here and you won't live to see the little bit of sunlight that I know you so enjoy." He warned as he got off him after choking him for a few seconds.

"Damn man, seriously you need to chill." He said before catching his breath. "Now again why are you around here and more specifically why are you near me." Said Kion. "Ugh well I am here because I wanted to catch up with an old friend, and in regards to the others, you should know the moment you stepped paw through the barrier the bats scattered and began telling everyone." Said Corag. "Great, which means I'm about to get a bunch of unwelcome blasts from my past, two of which need to stay hidden." Said Kion. "Yup, so better go settle your things with your friends and family cause you may as well be a dead lion walking." He said smirking. Kion glared at him and back slapped him across the face. "I may not be one of you anymore but I mean it, if you threaten them again you're dead." He warned before running off quickly to go back to the Pride before someone he didn't want around found them.