EP. 3 - Your Hand Or War

Lord Beerus could only blink in shock. After the shock subsided, he grinned. "This is why I like you Saiyans," he said. "You always say the most interesting things."

"Do you think I jest, My Lord?" Miyako calmly inquired.

"No," he stared directly into her eyes. "I have a good feel for you now, Your Highness. If you say you wish to fight me, I will not stop you." He paused, and an amused glint sparkled in his eyes.

Perhaps she really be the Goddess's chosen, he thought. Finally. A worthy fighter will arrive.

"I will be waiting until that day," he finished.

Miyako studied his relaxed demeanor. At least he finds me amusing, she thought. "Would you like for me to show you around, or are you perhaps hungry for a snack?"

This caught Beerus' attention. "I have been here many times, Princess," he crossed his arms. "I have no need for another tour. But, I will not deny some snacks. I gladly accept your offer."

The Princess beckoned for the servant to bring refreshments and snacks. She then set her sights on the taller man. "I'm afraid you never introduced your companion, My Lord."

"I'm surprised he's been standing there silently," Beerus eyed him.

The tall man seemed to have been lost in thought. "Oh! My apologies, Your Highness!" he slighty bowed his head. "My name is Whis, and I am Lord Beerus' attendant. It's refreshing to meet someone so young yet speak to Beerus in such a way."

"Was I being rude, My Lords?" Miyako asked them.

"No," Whis tapped his chin. "It's more like..."

"Enough," Beerus stopped them. "I met you when you were only an infant, did you know that, Princess? Your father, I remember him being rather protective of you. Does he still call you that name? Oh, what was it..."

Miyako blushed. "Mi-Mi..."

"Yes!" his eyes widened at the recognition. "Your father is quite emotional. But even so, he never failed to show me respect. And you are the exact opposite of your father, yet your witty tongue has still shown me respect. Honestly, if your face hadn't flushed, I would have wondered if you were your father's daughter after all."

The Princess smiled lightly. "My father and I are nothing alike."

Beerus noticed some melancholy. "How old are you?"

"Sixteen years."

"What do you think of this vast universe?"

"I do not know what to think. I am only a child."

Beerus sighed. "That King has kept you here to himself, hasn't he?"

Miyako lowered her head. "I cannot speak ill of the King."

"I see his emotions continue to best him."

"Please, do not blame my father," she pleaded. "I made a mistake, and this is my punishment."

The God didn't inquire further. "To stay holed up here is up to you. As long as you keep your word and at least try to defeat Vegeta."

"I will," Miyako nodded firmly.

The servant then arrived with refreshments and treats. There were sandwiches, bread, cookies, and fruit. To drink, there was a pitcher of an iced refreshment. Two cups were served with fruits and herbs to garnish.

"Oh. I hope this is as pleasing to the mouth as it is to the eye," Beerus remarked hungrily.

Miyako waited for him to select first. "Please, eat to your desire, My Lord."