Chapter 5: A Desperate Plea

As Adam's desire for freedom and independence grew, he found himself yearning to explore the gardens of Li Wei's magnificent palace. The guards, well aware of their duties to protect Adam and follow Li Wei's instructions, attempted to prevent him from leaving. However, Adam's determination knew no bounds, and he insisted on venturing out into the world beyond his confined space.

Adam made his daring escape attempt, fueled by his desperation for freedom and a desire to evade Li Wei's watchful eyes, he found himself caught in a game of cat and mouse with the guards. His weakened heart struggled to keep pace with his fleeing body, but determination pushed him forward.

Li Wei, consumed by worry and concern, received the call from the guards informing him of Adam's escape. Without hesitation, he abandoned his work and rushed to join the pursuit. Fear, anger, and deep anguish coursed through his veins, intertwining with the love he held for Adam.

In the midst of the chase, finally, they managed to apprehend Adam despite his relentless attempts to escape. Despite being captured by the guards, his determination to flee remained unwavering. Finally, Li Wei reached Adam's place , and he's voice echoed in the air, a desperate plea directed towards Adam. "Why did you run away?" he shouted, his words filled with a mix of frustration and genuine concern. "You shouldn't have left the palace before you recovered. You can't live alone in this state!"

Adam, his heart pounding and his body on the brink of collapse, responded with a fierce determination of his own. He turned to face Li Wei, his eyes filled with a mixture of defiance and sadness. "Leave me," he yelled, his voice laced with pain. "I don't want your pity. I know I will die soon, and I can't afford the cost of treatment. Let me die in peace."

The words hung heavy in the air, carrying the weight of Adam's resignation and his longing for autonomy, even in the face of his impending mortality. Li Wei, his heart breaking, struggled to find the right words to counter Adam's plea. The intensity of their emotions collided, leaving them both shaken and vulnerable.

But fate, ever unpredictable, had another twist in store. As Adam turned to walk away, his weakened body betrayed him once more. A violent bout of vomiting blood overcame him, and he collapsed to the ground, his heart ceasing its feeble rhythm.

In an instant, Li Wei's fear reached its peak. His tears flowed freely, mirroring the depth of his emotions. For the first time in his life, he cried out of genuine fear of losing someone dear to him. Trembling with both terror and love, he rushed towards Adam, desperate to save him from the brink of death.

Time seemed to stand still as Li Wei knelt beside Adam, his trembling hands reaching out to perform the actions he had rehearsed countless times in his mind. He fought against the overwhelming fear, focusing all his energy on reviving Adam's failing heart.

With every beat, with every moment that hung in the balance, Li Wei poured his love and devotion into the act of resuscitation. It was a battle against time, against Adam's fragile state, and against the relentless grip of despair.

As the seconds ticked by, a flicker of hope ignited within Li Wei's heart. Adam's body responded to his ministrations, gasping for air and grasping onto the fragile thread of life. Relief washed over Li Wei, mingling with the lingering fear that still gripped him tightly.

He swiftly lifted Adam's frail form in his arms and hurriedly transported him to the hospital.