Chapter 15: A Trail of Blood

As the night air hung heavy with tension, Adam's escape took a treacherous turn. Running through the labyrinthine streets, his pursuers closing in, his only hope was to outwit them at every turn. With each corner he turned, his heart raced in his chest, urging him to press on.

But fate had a different plan. In a desperate bid to evade capture, Adam found himself at the mercy of speeding vehicles on a busy road. With limited options, he made a split-second decision to cut across the road, risking life and limb to escape his relentless pursuers.

As he dashed across the asphalt, the screech of tires filled the air, followed by a bone-chilling impact. A car, careening towards him, collided with Adam, sending him sprawling to the unforgiving ground. Pain seared through his body, a testament to the magnitude of the impact.

Despite his injuries, Adam summoned every ounce of strength within him to pick himself up and continue his desperate flight. Blood stained the pavement, marking his path as a trail of his resilience and determination. With each agonizing step, he drew closer to the safety of Li Wei's palace, where love awaited him.

Within the palace grounds, a watchful guard spotted Adam's battered form and sprinted towards him. Recognizing the severity of his condition, the guard rallied his comrades, their collective efforts focused on aiding Adam and getting him the medical attention he desperately needed.

The guards swiftly alerted Li Wei, their voices laced with urgency as they conveyed the news of Adam's grave condition. Panic seized Li Wei's heart as he received the call, his mind clouded with fear and a burning desire for revenge. He vowed to make those responsible for Adam's suffering pay dearly.

At the hospital, the doctors and nurses sprang into action, their expertise mobilized to save Adam's life. The bustling emergency room became a battleground between life and death, as medical professionals fought tirelessly to stabilize him and mend his broken body.

Li Wei arrived at the hospital, his face etched with anguish, his eyes filled with unshed tears. The sight of Adam, lying unconscious and battered, pierced his soul. In that moment, his love for Adam surged, intertwining with a steely resolve to bring justice to those who had caused him harm.

Chapter Fifteen, "A Trail of Blood," delves into the harrowing aftermath of Adam's escape and the profound impact it has on both him and Li Wei. It explores themes of resilience, sacrifice, and the unyielding power of love, setting the stage for a riveting climax where the fight for justice and redemption will unfold.

To be continued...