Chapter 9

"Hey? Are you even listening?" A slightly irritated Lauren Hemp prods my arm, forcing my attention back to her words instead of the way her hair glints with the sun, how her eyes glow as she talks, and how her face grins when she starts discussing something she's especially passionate about.
"Hm? Of course I am?" I smile, blinking to try and snap myself out of it.
"Are you sure? Because to me.. it looks like your eyefucking."
I try and stutter out a sarcastic response, but the red on my face reduces any chance of sounding truthful.
"Don't worry about it, love, I've been doing the same." She winks, picking up her coffee and taking a sip of it before beginning to talk about whatever she was before.

However, I cut her off mid sentence with a thought that had been bugging me for a while.
"Loz.. why did you kiss me that day?"
She hums, standing up and taking my mug away from me and placing them in her kitchen sink.
"Cause I'd done well not to kiss you all of the night before. I wasn't sure if I was gonna see you again.. I dont truly have an answer for you." She laughs in a pained way, gripping onto the counter and avoiding my gaze.
"Do you regret it?" I prompt.
She shakes her head, a blush creeping up round her neck.

"So why won't you look me in my eye?"
Her head whips around, suddenly meeting my gaze.

"Cause I think I'd do it again."

"I'm not stopping you." I murmer, following her up to the sink, swaying a bit. She only laughs and turns to face me.

"I think I should learn a bit more about you before we get a bit carried away."

"Hey I said strictly kiss, not anything more. That was all you." I tease.

Sneering, she mutters, "Moving on. I'm gonna ask you 5 questions, and you gotta answer them truthfully.. only if you want to."

I only nod and prompt for her to continue. Grabbing my hand, she drags me to the sofa to sit down half on the sofa and half on her.

"Okay, question 1. Are you gay?"

"No, I just decided i wanted to experiment with something new." I roll my eyes at her.

"Never dated a guy before." She confirms, to be met with my nods. "Question 2. When's your birthday?"

"April 24th, 2001."

"What a baby. Star sign?"

"Shut up. I'm only a year younger than you. Taurus."

"Question 3. Do you have any siblings?"

"Just 1. A sister named Jess. But I grew up with Hunter as a brother and Silvia as well."

"Question 4. Any past relationships?"

"I'm 21. How many relationships will I have been in?"

"Wait, wait, let me guess. 7 past relationships.."
I turn a bright red but nod, much to her amusement.
"How did you guess?"

"Magic?"
I roll my eyes again.
"That tattoo on your arm, it has 7 clouds around the sun. I'm guessing it's to add more if you need to."

"Nobody else has picked up on that. Your clever."

"Perceptive."

"Yes, yes, whatever."

"Question 5.." she takes a long pause, looking at me and assessing my emotions. "Would you ever, hypothetically, go out with me."

"Seen as it's hypothetically speaking, then yes. I would."

"But only because it's hypothetical?"

"Only because you haven't asked me yet."

(Im really sorry, I forgot about this book, and now I have shit all perseverance to continue with it. I'll probably only take to one more chapter and have done with this. I'm sorry this is absolute trash.. love ya<3)