Chapter 8

The Daily Mirror:
Lionesses Legend Lauren Hemp Spotted giving a University Student a Ride.

On Monday, Lioness and Man City Star was spotted dropping off a university student who attends Manchester University personally. Not only that, before the girl could go too far, she was beckoned back, and a kiss was shared between the two.
Speaking to a nearby witness, they said, "It's shocking, to be honest, y/n was always so quiet in the lectures. I always wondered why she wouldn't go out on dates, always hung up on football. Her and her friends are always disappearing to those matches, no wonder, seeming to be her relationship with one of the players."
There are still loads to discover about these stars. Apparently, nobody is entirely honest with those who care about them so much, like the fans out there.
Stay tuned to discover more on your England Heros.

Reader Pov:

Well, Shit. That sure as hell wasn't supposed to happen.
Me and Lauren have talked. A little bit. Maybe. A lot.
It started off as me just confirming her number, but it ended up in a conversation. It flowed so easily, like a river of words. That all stopped when the news report was released, a sudden unease setting across us. I haven't seen her since the car ride, 6 days before now. That makes today a Sunday.. and match day.

Me:
Lauren, I want to come to your match today, but I won't if you would rather not.

Lauren:
You're kidding. It would be great. Let's just keep it on the down low. I dont need the media on me.

Me:
Done. Cya there.

Lauren:
I'm looking forward to it..

I place down my phone and crawl against the bed, searching for my hairbrush and the clothes I'd strewn somewhere. Upon finding it, I get dressed in a similar outfit to when we first met, a pair of denim shorts, white Converse, and my hair tied back. The only difference is the hoodie tied round me waist isn't mine, instead one of Lauren's that she didn't ask for it back..

With Silva finally back home, I have a car to get myself to the match so I leave about 30 minutes before the match begins, plenty of time to do the 10 minute journey and then get in alive. Despite Silvias protesting, I told her she couldn't come, using the excuse that she hadn't done her course work yet, but it was mainly so I didn't have to share Lauren.. selfish.

I arrive with just as much time as I'd thought, making a quick way through security and towards a drink stall, to grab myself a coffee and bacon butty.
"Hi, what can I get you?" The woman asks, her eyes barely flickering up to meet mine in the rush to serve me.
"Oh, uh. A white frappe and a bacon sandwich, please." I stutter back, quite shocked at the speed I was being served. Putting together my food and going to give it to me was when she first looked at me properly, her eyes scanning over my face and her eyebrows furrowing. "You're that girl, aren't you? The one on the news?" She asks, holding firmly onto the tray so I can't run and hide from her question.
"I'm not sure what you're on about.. can I go eat?"
She narrows her eyes, but let's go of the tray, taking my money and eyeing me up and down searching for a response.
As soon as she's let go, I'm half sprinting away from her, careful not to spill any of my drinks and avoid any other awkward interactions.
Finally, sitting down, I check my phone to answer Silvias' message, pinging her a quick 'here.'
There was also one more text, from a name I didn't expect to see today.
Lauren:
U in the same place again?

Me:
To the left, but so so.

Lauren:
Kay, don't go anywhere.

Me:
Gonna sneak a cheeky glance.

Lauren:
It's more like a cheeky stare.

The announcement signalling the appearance of the players knocks me out of my blushing trance as a couple more people squeeze past me to get to their chairs. I watch carefully as they line up, eyes flickering over all of their faces until I spot who I'm looking for, her doing the same until she spots me and grins, winking subtly. I mime to her the words "flirt," which she smirks at before running to her position and turning her attention to the game.

The game goes quickly, just a friendly to finish off the season they'd have. Quicker than I would have liked for now, I have to leave her and probably not talk for a good while. It was a good score, 4:0 to City against a very eager, yet unsuccessful, Brighton.
With 3 of the 4 goals from Lauren there's no dalouht she wouldn't want a celebration. So why, why, did she message me instead.

Lauren:
Fancy a coffee?

Me:
Would love one. What are you hinting at, Miss Hemp.

Lauren:
Secret coffee date..?

Me:
You're not even gonna make it out of the stadium alive, never mind a public café.

Lauren:
Im sorry my kitchen isn't satisfactory.

Me:
Shurrup.  When and where do you want me?

Lauren:
Etihad car park in 10. I won't be long, pretty eyes.

I think I'm getting deja vù. Definetly no similarities to last time..

I take a slow walk towards the carpark, quickly checking for any cameras before leaning against her car, or what I'm hoping is her car. I stand just staring at my phone and scrolling through Instagram until once again, someone taps my shoulder, pulling me into her once she knew my attention had shifted towards her instead.
"You gotta stop choosing me over celebrations, Loz." I say gently, leaning my head back from my position in her neck.
"Shut up complaining, you love me really." She mutters, into my hair instead of moving.

Fuck, more than I would like to admit.

(Haha. I dont know where this came from. I suddenly started typing and couldn't stop and now this exists. Check out my one-shot book cause I'm doing a q&a and I need questions. Love ya<3)