01|Isabelle

Kale

Kale.

As I stare down at the kale smoothie sitting on the counter of my family's kitchen island, I wonder if being on this diet is worth it. But I know it is, I want to be skinnier. No sorry correction, I have to be skinnier, if you even classify me as skinny to begin with.

I stir the kale smoothie around with the straw, why the hell do I need to drink this again? I go to sip on the straw, my mouth being one inch away until I hear the front door slam shut and multiple footsteps coming my way.

Thank god.

"Yeah, I can't believe you got her number bro," I hear one of my brothers friends say, Kalub to be exact. Never mind not 'thank god' more like 'get me the hell out of here god'.

I groan when I see all of them start piling up in the kitchen. Great. "For real she's like the baddest chick in Italy, can you imagine smashing that?" The kitchen goes silent and then everyone of them except for my brother burst out laughing. What was the joke?

My brother looks at me and shakes his head and mouths, 'I'm sorry there asses,' and I mouth back, 'then why do you hang out with them?'

"Shut the fuck up Oliver, you don't disrespect women like that," my brother replied. It gave me chills because even though my brother is not the loudest everyone can hear him. The kitchen goes silent, nobody uttering a word.

Oliver swallows, "look spider I'm sorry man. I'll shut up I didn't mean to be disrespectful."

Everyone relaxed slightly after Oliver apologized. When my brother gets pissed everyone is on edge, me included even though I know he would never hurt me. But I understand why they would be so scared, there just trying to keep there heads attached to there body's.

I stare at them wondering how the hell they became friends with my brother.

How?

My brother rolls his eyes, "don't do it again, just start heading to the pool," with that everyone in the kitchen starts walking out the back door to the pool. I didn't even realize they were in there swim gear.

The back door shuts and my brother runs his hands through his hair and looks up at me. "I'm sorry there annoying," he pauses going to grab a cup from the cabinet filled with red solo cups. "I didn't think you would be home, I thought you were going with mama and papa to that stupid meeting in Russia?" He then turns around pouring vodka into a red solo cup. "And what the hell are you drinking?" He finishes pouring the vodka in the cup it almost filling over as he looks at my kale smoothie.

I smile, "I'm drinking this because I'm on that diet remember? And I didn't go because papa said it was still a little bit dangerous over there," my smile fades as he starts chugging the vodka like it's water. "Are you throwing a party? Do I need to go to Lunas for a while?"