Day 3

I was running. Running like never before. Running like there was no tomorrow.

Tears trailed down my face and my vision was blurry. I was lost in the woods. I suddenly heard someone laughing.

"Who's there?" I yelled frantically. "Show yourself!" My heart was pounding in my chest.

But the laughing just continued and echoed through the woods. I started running again, as fast as my legs could carry me. My throat was dry and it stung with every breath I took.

Somehow I ended up on someone's doorsteps. How did I get there? I had no idea.

I knocked desperately on the wooden door.

No answer.

I knocked again with more force.

"Help!" I cried.

Still no answer. I rested my head on the door as tears flooded my eyes.

Suddenly I heard shuffling sounds from inside. I picked my head up as the door swung open. I let out a sob when I saw who it was.

"M- mom," I cried.

Before she could say anything I tightly wrapped my arms around her.

"I missed you so much," I whispered.

I woke with a start. I breathed heavily, my eyes open and alert.

I looked at my surroundings. I was in the same spot I had been the previous night. The waterfall still stood high above me.

It was just a dream.

I groaned. It had felt so real. Being in my mom's presence was the best feeling in the whole world.

I tried sitting up but gasped from a throbbing pain in my head. I brought my hand up to touch my forehead to find that it was very sweaty.

I sighed and brought my hand down. I was still stuck on this freakin island. I picked at the grass under me, listening to the soothing sound of the water.

Today was the day.

I had a plan:
1. Collect a lot of wood
2. Bring the wood to the beach
3. Find rocks to start a fire
4. Try to find food on the way

I sighed again. It was going to be a long day.

I slowly stood up and looked around. I looked towards the waterfall and took a double take.

It seemed as if there was something behind the waterfall- I couldn't make out what it was.

I slowly walked around the pool of water, but still could not see what was behind the waterfall.

Maybe I should just ignore it, I thought. But I was overwhelmed with curiosity.

I saw a clutter of big rocks leading up to the middle of the waterfall.

I walked toward the rocks and thought hard. Either I could climb the rocks and get to the middle of the waterfall, or I could climb the rocks and fall and die...

I thought it over. I decided to see what was behind the waterfall. It was a risky choice but I had always loved a challenge. Plus, what have I got to lose? Everyone probably thinks I'm dead anyway.

I made my way over to the rocks. They were damp, making it more dangerous for me.

But nevertheless, I reached out my arm and started to climb the rocks. I struggled to climb the first rock, for my hands and feet kept slipping.