chapter #4: the wounded angel

castiels eyes were closed now. he was still leaning against the wall, pale and sweaty. sam cupped his face in his hands, his skin was cold and clammy. "its ok, cas. hey, stay awake for me. dean won't hurt you anymore. can you heal yourself?" "n-no my grace is d-damaged." cas sputtered. "alright, well, I'll take care of you, come on" sam helped him up and gently led him to his room. "tell me what you're feeling." sam said softly stroking castiels soft hair. "i-im fine." cas insisted. sam looked at him liek "really?" cas sighed, "fine...my head really hurts the most. getting punched in the face again and again wasn't that bad. I mean I've gotten into it wit uriel and some otha angels plenty of times." sam nodded. "well uh, sorry for the silly questions but I have to make sure that you don't have a concussion. so uh, what's the date?" "several billion years from the beginning." sam rolled his eyes, "seriously, cas." cas sighed, "June 26th, 2023." sam smiled a bit, "alright, that's good. now, where are you?" "earth." "quit the games." "the bunker." "alright, last 1 for now, what's your name and mine?" "mine is castiel and yours is sam." "alright. perfect, buddy. I'll let you get some sleep while I go talk to dean." cas nodded, already dozing off.

but whenever sam went out to the bunker, dean was gone.