chapter #5: a drunk dean + a moody cas

Sams heart skipped a beat. he stepped outside only to find the impala gone. he tried to tell himself that Dean was just drowning out his guilt wit beer, but he choldent stop the other possibilities that ran through his head...he went back inside the bunker and tried to call him. no answer. figures, he choldent say that he was suprised so he decided to just leave a message for now.

he then decided to check on cas. he found him curled up in bed sleeping. sam gently shaken him (angels don't sleep),  he thought. perhaps they did if they were in pain? cas didn't wake up whenever sam shook him, tho so he tried a little harder, "cas!" (I shouldn't have let him go to sleep wit that concussion.) sam thought. but then, cas woken up. "gabriel?" he mumbled, his eyes cloudy. sam looked concerned. "What did you say?" cas slowly sat up. "uh...sorry, sam." sam sighed. "cas...how hard did he hit your head?" San asked kindly. cas looked down. "where is he?" cas asked quietly, looking up from hid lap. sam smiled sadly. "I don't know, buddy. probably at a bar." "a bar?" "yeah, you're not suprised are you? he loves his beer." cas smiled a bit and laughed quietly "beer is bad." sam raised an eyebrow at this sudden childish behavior. (I swear to God if deans dumbass made him liek this forever, I'm gonna kill him. we don't need a round 2 of crazy cas.)

but deep down, he knew that he whold neva obviously kill dean, and he honestly didn't mind cas liek that, dean clearly had a problem, but sam thought that it was kinda cute. after all, the first time, it was castiels way of coping fron the trauma of what he had done whenever he thought that he was God and whenever the levithians were inside him.

"cas? do you want some water or-or something?" Sam asked.

cas smiled a bit, "oh, sam. you know that angels don't require such things!" "uh, right." sam said awkwardly. "what do you say we do a puzzle?" cas asked, tilting his head a bit.

"uhh...sure I guess?" (maybe the concussion damage didn't settle in until now.) sam wondered. cas beamed at sam and quickly gotten outta bed , suddenly full of energy. sam sighed , shaking his head. he had no idea what he was getting himself into.

cas did , in fact , find a puzzle, which was surprising becuse Sam didn't even know that they had puzzles in the bunker. he scattered the pieces across the table, and he was studying the picture on the box. the puzzle was of a river, and it had 500 pieces.

"I'll leave you to it , I'm gonna try calling Dean again." cas visibly flinched at the name , "yeah , you do that..." he said quietly, looking away. Sam frowned. he called dean but just as it reached the 2nd ring , dean stumbled in through the door , clearly wasted. 

"Dean !" Sam exclaimed , obviously surprised. "are you ok ?" was Sam's next question. "yeahhhhh sasmmyyyyyyy i'mm alllll gooooooood." he slurred. Sam sighed , pinching the bridge of his nose. {this is just great.} he thought. {first , i'm stuck wit a most likely concussed angel and now i have my brother who acts liek a child whenever he's drunk.} he sighed , this was gonna be an eventful night. "ok , dean. why don't you just sit down , hm ?" Sam said , placing a hand on deans sholder and guiding him to the couch , dean laughed a bit as he leaned into Sam and stumbled over to the couch. {yeah , you wont be laughing at that hangover tomorrow.} Sam thought. Sam looked over at cas , he was still at the kitchen table but instead of working on his puzzle , his eyes were locked on dean and he looked just terrified. Sam sworn that he seen him shaking. Sam walked over to him. "hey...you ok , buddy ?" cas didnt break his gaze. Sam looked over to where dean was half-asleep on the couch. {he's obviously not a threat to anyone rate now , i bet that he doesn't even remember what he did.} Sam sat down next to cas and looked at him softly. "hey...you don't needa look at him...look at me." castiels eyes slowly peeled away from dean , but he still looked tense and on guard. "look , cas. i don't exactly know what's going through your head right now , but i can tell that you're scared and your guard is up , rate ?" cas nodded. "well , listen. dean is not tipsy , not even drunk. he severely intoxicated , wasted even. he's just gonna lie on that couch and wake up in the morning wit 1 hell of a hangover. he doesn't remember what he did to you rate now , ok ? so no needa fear him." cas looked into sam's eyes deeply for a moment but he then nodded. "of course i understand , samandriel." 

Sam looked taken aback. "w-what did you just call me ?" "uh...Samuel ?" "no..." "well , you must've heard wrong." he said rather harshly , turning away from Sam sharply. Sam frowned , {what's wit all these mood swings ?} he wondered. he decided to just walk away and leave cas and dean alone for now...

but a few hours later , dean threw up. it woken up Sam who quickly went to the living room. he quickly went to dean and rubbed his back soothingly. "its ok ,   just let it out." he whispered tryna comfort him. after dean was finally done , he looked up at Sam sadly wit watery eyes.  Sam smiled at him sympathetically and grabbed him a tissue so that he chold wipe his mouth. Sam guided him back to the couch and once he seemed to be settled in peacefully , he went to go check on cas. he found him sitting up in bed looking frightened. "cas ? what's wrong ? are you ok?" he went to the foot of his bed. "w-what was that sound ?" he sounded upset , liek he had been crying. "it was dean throwing up...? surely you've heard that before ?" "no ! not liek that ! i-it sounded liek an exorcism and it scared me bad..." {holy shit...he really is liek a child rate now.} Sam realised. "hey hey its ok come here." he hugged him tightly. {wow...this is awkward.} but cas melted into his touch. Sam smiled a bit to himself becuse this reminded him of dean when he was little. but then he frowned at how cold castiels skin was. he gently pulled cas off him. "hey , you ok ? you seem really cold and kinda tired." "i am kinda cold but  i didnt wanna bother you about it." "hey. look at me and listen to my words carefully." Sam said sternly. "you , cas , are never ever a bother to me. you're my best friend and i care about you endlessly. now , what's goin on wit you ? earlier you were acting strange and now you're cold almost liek you're sick. how hard did dean really hit your head ?" cas given Sam this look. a look of despair , of hopelessness , almost liek the exact look that he given dean in the game room at the psych wards all those years ago...

wait...

was cas crazy again...?