Volume 9 Chapter 2: Shopping Date?

Previously: Rose looked over at Vladimir, her handsome fiance and used their telepathy link,"Let's go down to the city and see how construction is going. I also want to introduce you to a friend of mine." He nodded his head and responded with,"Sounds like a plan, I don't want to be near these goons anymore." "Awww, don't be like that Vlad. They are our allies." "You mean your allies?" "Oh that's right. Well anyways, you need to be less abrasive." "Hmph, I'll try." She stood up and said out loud,"Please excuse me, we have things to do down by the docks. I'll be gone for a few days so Zerxus Kalvaxus and Blitzkrieg are going to be in charge until we are back." Vladimir stood up and wiped his mouth with the cloth napkin. He threw it on the table disrespectfully. He walked towards the exit in cold silence. She smiled and waved goodbye to her allies as she ran after Vlad.

Rose caught up to Vladimir and grabbed his coat. He turned around to see her giving him puppy dog eyes. His chest tightened. "Turn that frown upside down and give me a smile." He went to refuse but she grabbed his left hand with her warm right one. "We are going out on our first official date. I can't have you acting like this the entire time. Just ignore everyone and just focus on me. Okay Vlad?" He squeezed her hand and pushed his pride aside and gave her a slight smile. "Yay, now let's go and explore!" He was pulled out the castle doors and onto the green grass of the courtyard. "Hey Vlad, I was wondering if you could fly now? Since you have your light magic now." He lit up with excitement as he remembered that he can in fact fly with his magic.

Vladimir sprouted wings of light they pulsated with magic. Rose grew her wings and they both looked at each with excitement. "Do you want to race down to the docks, old man?" He laughed at her challenge,"Yeah, but you are going to owe me a kiss or two, if I win." She giggled playfully at his cute words. "If I win I want you to play nice with my friend Percy. And I'll do more than just kiss you." "Fine, then I've changed my mind. If I win, you have to sleep with me tonight." They both looked at each other bright red in embarrassment. "Fine, bring it on, old man!" She got a head start and he flew after her shouting out in her head. "You damn little cheating minx!" "What are you going to do about it, punish me!?" He saw her soaring through the skies and cutting through the air like a knife. He was a little rusty whenever it came to flying. But he's going to show this little brat why he was feared. And why he's called the fastest Human in history. He calmed his breath and his flesh turned into light magic itself. "Your ass is mine, Rose!" He reached out and grabbed her from behind and wrapped his scorching hot arms around her waist and neck. Their race was put on hold in the middle of her kingdom where the Dragon Valley resided. She felt his arms made out of pulsating and scorching hot magical power. "Is that really you, Vlad?" His voice sounded more like an echo as he spoke. "Rose, I was known as the fastest Human alive. You may be fast but I'm going to..." She wasn't being hurt by his light form, it was comforting and warm. "Being fast is my thing too. We just may be tied or you may be even faster than me. But you have more years on me. So let's see who is faster today, starting now!" She slipped through his grasps and kicked it in high gear. She transformed into her half form to go even faster. She wasn't even trying before. His champion eyes widened and his pupils shook in shock. He smirked smugly at her decent speed. "She's not bad for her age but unfortunately I'm much faster than that at my max output." He passed her in a matter of seconds and his body of light left behind a trail of shimmering gold specks. He arrived at the docks and the shockwave of him suddenly stopped causing the boats to almost tilt over. The harbor was hit with a very large crimson tidal wave and metallic fish and crabs landed on the decks of the pirate ships. Rose eventually caught up several minutes later panting heavily and sweating bullets. He saw that he crushed her spirits just a little bit. He stopped glowing and went back to flesh. He flew over and caught her gently. She was on the brink of passing out. "You are way faster than I originally thought from what I saw from your memories." She said this and then passed out looking devastatingly exhausted. He chuckled softly,"You really tried your best I can tell. But just because you pushed yourself to the brink of exhaustion, I'll try my best to be nice to your friends." He planted a kiss on her head and flew over to a rooftop to wait until she woke up.