Chapter 38

Beyoncé skids into the driveway nearly ramming Jay's car. She jumps out and races to the house and rushes in, crazy with panic, choking on the smoke.

Beyoncé : Jay ? Blue?
A MOAN comes from behind the island. Beyoncé finds Jay clinging to life.

Beyoncé : Jay . Oh my God.

Beyoncé: Blue??? Where is she?

Blue runs through dense trees. She looks back for Y/n and her foot catches a tree root. She tumbles to the ground.
She lies there for a moment, listening. Silence. Then, the CRUNCH OF FOOTSTEPS and an eerily calm voice.

Y/n: I know you're here, bro. I can
smell you.
Blue sees her walk by, less than thirty feet away. The KNIFE IN HER HAND glints in the moonlight.

Y/n: Come out and fight like a woman.
Even your chickenshit father did in the end.
Y/n disappears behind some trees. Blue takes off in the opposite direction.
Y/n hears her and turns to see her shadowy figure heading deeper into the woods. She follows, the gleam of the hunter in her eyes.
A faraway SIREN WAILS as Beyoncé pulls Jay to safety.

Beyoncé: I've got to find them.

Jay:
No. She'll kill you ...

Beyoncé :I love you, Jay .
She runs off toward the woods, stopping only to grab a SHOVEL leaning against the garage.

Blue stops in the clearing. With the RAVINE up ahead and Y/n right behind, she's got nowhere to run.
She spies the FALLEN SYCAMORE and tucks herself under its massive trunk, accidentally brushing against the TIRE SWING and setting it in motion.
Y/n enters the clearing.

Y/n: Come on, Blue . I'm not going to
hurt you. I just want to talk.
She notices the tire swing moving. She goes to it and stops it. Her eyes scan the area.

Blue sees Y/n's  legs so close she could reach out and touch them. She barely breathes.

Y/n: circles the clearing, searching, as DISTANT SIRENS grow louder. Her impatience builds.

Y/n: So you're just going to let me get
away with it? I fucked your mother, man. You should have seen her. Begging me for it ...

Blue shakes with rage, but remains silent.

Y/n: I fucked her so good... Just like she wanted it.
Y/n stomps around with growing frustration, slashing the brush with her knife.

Y/n: I fucked your girlfriend, little
whore. I fucking butchered your old man right there on your kitchen linoleum. And you're just gonna run away and hide, you candy-ass son-of-a-bitch!
Suddenly, Beyoncé's voice echoes through the trees.

Beyoncé: Blue !

Here comes mommy, Blue . You going
to wait for her to rescue you? She calls out, mimicking Blue's voice.

Y/n:  Mom!

Beyoncé:
hears Y/n's call as she runs through the woods.

Beyoncé :I'm coming!

Blue:
scrambles out from her hiding place.

Blue(calling to Beyoncé )
She's got a knife!

Y/n: Finally. A set of balls.
Y/n lunges for Blue with her knife. Blue dodges her . Y/n comes at her again, but this time Blue grabs her wrist.
They lock in a struggle over the knife. The blade inches ever closer to Blue's throat.
Finally, in an act of utter desperation, Blue knees Y/n in the groin. While Y/n is doubled over in pain, Blue tackles her. The knife goes flying.
The two girls wrestle. Blue lands a couple of lucky punches, but Y/n quickly gains the upper hand and pummels Blue until she PASSES OUT.
Straddling Blue , Y/n raises a large rock overhead and is about to crush Blue's skull with it, when...WHACK!
Beyoncé's shovel bashes Y/n upside the head. She keels over and lies motionless in the dirt.