Chapter 39

Beyoncé rushes to Blue . She listens for breathing, wipes the blood from her face.

Beyoncé: Blue ? Can you hear me? Come on, honey. Wake up ...
Y/n starts to come to. Beyoncé shakes Blue .

Beyoncé: Blue!
Y/n groans and sits up. Beyoncé scrambles to her feet, wielding the shovel like a batter anticipating a four-steam fastball.

Beyoncé:
Stay away, Y/n. I'm warning you.
Y/n gets to her feet, but keeps her distance.

Y/n: He doesn't appreciate you, Bey .
Not like I do.

Beyoncé: Like the way you appreciated your mother?

Y/n: You know nothing about my mother or
how it was between us! She loved me! The way you love me.

Beyoncé :No ...

Y/n: You do. I know you do. I saw it
in your eyes that night. It doesn't just go away.

Beyoncé :Stay where you are!

Y/n: I saw it!
Suddenly, Y/n charges her. Beyoncé swipes at her but she's too quick. She comes in low and tackles her to the ground.
Beyoncé thrashes and flails like a wild animal. Y/n straddles her writhing body, enduring her blows until pinning her arms above her head.
Defeated and exhausted, Beyoncé grows still.
Y/n breaths heavily, exhilarated. She leans in to kiss her, but she turns her head away. And that's when she sees it.
THE KNIFE in the dirt, out of reach but a lifeline just the same.
Y/n nuzzles Beyoncé's neck and begins to move on top of her, pressing her pelvis into her, humping her.
Gradually, Beyoncé begins to move with her . She moans with pleasure. Purrs into her ear.

Beyoncé: How do you do this to me?
With growing excitement, Y/n's kisses travel up to her face, to her lips. She kisses her deeply.

Y/n: You see how good we are together?
I am all you need. Not them.
She nods, her eyes sincere. She smiles and leans in for another kiss when Beyoncé leans up and BITES her NOSE.
Y/n  howls and thrashes wildly, her blood spurting. But Beyoncé hangs on like a pit bull.
Y/n digs her fingers into her eyes and bashes her face with her fist until finally she releases her. She jumps to her feet, blood gushing from her nose.

Y/n: YOU FUCKING BITCH!!!!
She dives for the knife but before she can reach it, Y/n grabs her hair and yanks her to her feet.
She pushes her up against a WEATHERED WOODEN FENCE -- a flimsy barrier between them and the RAVINE.

Y/n:  I loved you!
Y/n clamps her hands around Beyoncé's throat and slowly squeezes the life out of her.

Beyoncé :Please. Y/n ...
Suddenly, there's an almost INHUMAN ROAR. Y/n turns to see Blue charging toward them.

Blue : MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!
Blue rams Y/n  against the fence with A CRACK and lands a few blows to Y/n's already mangled face.
Y/n rallies, grabbing Blue by the shirt and swinging her around against the fence with ANOTHER CRACK.
Y/n pummels her in the gut. Blue stays on her feet but THE FENCE
splinters with each blow until finally, with the last punch, it gives way. The girls go tumbling over the side of the cliff.

Beyoncé: No!

Beyoncé dashes to the cliff's edge and peers down into the black abyss. She can make out only the vague contours of a NARROW OUTCROPPING OF ROCK about fifteen feet below.