epilogue : 'wait'

The jailhouse echoed with metal doors sliding shut and the hushed voices of prisoners overcast by the shouts of prison guards. The visitation room had every seat filled, some on the visiting side even standing up. The prisoners, of course, were chained to the tables, under the careful, watchful eyes of the prison guards.

"Idiot," Jonathan said as the phone was pressed to his face, "you've seen her before."

"Yeah, yeah," his brown-haired buddy across the glass dismissed as he propped his feet up on the table. His friend next to him, who had hair as red as fire, looked disgusted and rolled his eyes. Jonathan ignored both of them and continued.

"Brown hair, the hottest body you ever seen. Can't miss 'er." A twinkle formed in Jonathan's eye as he spoke.

His two friends smirk at each other. "What do you want us to do to 'er?" The red-haired man asked, lowering his voice. "She all ours?"

"No," Jonathan warned, his face stiffening with anger. Looking around at the guards around him, his voice became hushed as he spoke, "touch her and I'll kill you myself when I get outta here. She's mine, understood?"

The brunette rolled his eyes. "Alright, alright."

"What do you want, kid? We ain't got all day." The red head asked as he leaned up against the privacy frame.

"She's got a new guy she's goin' to homecoming with. If you see her out in public with a guy, it's probably him."

"You want us to take care of him?"

"No," Jonathan breathed, growing frustrated, "if y'all would shut up, then I'd tell you." He paused, looking both of his buddies in the eyes. "Beat 'im up, scare him a little. He's mine to finish off."

"What about her?"

"Idiots, don't you listen?" Jonathan began to raise his voice, but brought it back down as it gained some unwanted attention from the guards. "Leave her alone. She's mine to take care of." He paused for a bit, thinking. "Matter of fact, might as well spook her a bit, too."

Maybe then, Jonathan thought, she would know he's the only one that can keep her safe. The only one that deserves her love.

"Mm'kay," the two guys said, the brunette pulling down his feet from the table. He stood up, stretching as if bored.

"What's in it for us?" The red head complained.

Jonathan sighed and smirked. "C'mon, can't do an easy favor for an old buddy?"

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. But you're buyin' us drinks whenever you get back."

"Deal," he replied.

And with that, Jonathan's two friends left, and as he was led back to his cell, he felt himself smile.

Everything was coming back together, it was all going his way. Cary's little wuss of a boyfriend would be gone, and she would be so scared she'd practically fall into his arms again.

But there was one issue—the trial. There's no telling how long he would be locked up if he was found guilty. He knew Cary wouldn't testify against him, she still loved him. He just knew it.

Without her, the jury wouldn't be able to find him guilty. It would be perfect. She would be his again. His and only his.

All he had to do was wait.

-------------------------------------

that's a wrap!

look out for chapter 1 of the sequel: Forever Isn't Forever!

Thank you guys SOOOO much for reading this story. It means so much to me and we've reached 12K views!??? Like what??? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Love y'all. Stay gold.