𝟎𝟖 ➻ barbri blunt-roller

♛ ┇ ▒ ⋅⋅⋅ WALKER ENT. V. GREENFIELD CORP. ⋅⋅⋅ ▒ ┇♛

𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐌𝐄𝐃 by the sheer amount of files in the conference room. She thought that dragging herself through a three-hour hearing would allow her at least a little time to continue investigating Greenfield Corporation, but no.

Harvey won, and it had come at what Quinn might refer to as a devastating cost. She could feel her body revolting against what she was about to do, lethargy invading her system before she even began the task.

She had to get out of this.

"They're trying to bury you in paperwork," Rachel concluded, one hand on her hip.

"Well, they picked the wrong guy," Mike replied, his eyes gleaming. He was still dressed in the same cheap suit he'd worn to court, despite Harvey insisting that he go spend some cash on something remotely nicer.

"And you picked the wrong girl," squeaked Quinn, the room feeling that much smaller among all the boxes. "I don't have the attention span to do this for ten minutes, let alone ten hours."

"Oh, it's gonna take more than ten hours," Harvey piped in from the glass doorway, not a hair out of place as he nodded towards the files. "Get it done by the end of the week. I got to run and charm our new client."

He got on his flip phone as he walked out, and Quinn watched him leave with all-encompassing envy, and a desire to follow suit and book it out of the room. As if he sensed her intentions, Mike slowly shut the glass door. "Come on, Quinn. I saw you study for our finals. You can definitely do this."

"Nope. There's a difference. I'm sorry," said Quinn as her hazel eyes roved over the uniform brown boxes of files, each white label with the same messy scrawl. "But not that sorry. Harvey said it'll take you a week, which probably means it would take a normal person two." She shared a meaningful look with her friend. "But it's only gonna take you one night."

Mike smiled faintly at her, and Rachel walked around him to Quinn. "So you guys are friends, then?"

"Barely," Quinn and Mike said at the same time. Mike shot her a glare over Rachel's head, before Quinn continued on with a wan smile.

"Yep. And he's just as insufferable as you think he is."

She gave Rachel a quick squeeze on the shoulder, before backtracking out of the room. Rachel stooped over to open one of the file boxes, and Mike flipped her off through the glass wall.

Quinn threw her whole heart and soul into a cheeky grin and exaggerated shrug, before spinning on her black loafer and setting off towards her cubicle.

Once she arrived, she found everything just as she'd left it - papers messily strewn around the center desk, with Post-Its and photos thumbtacked to the wall. Mike had returned her coffee, more than half empty. She picked it up with two fingers and walked it over to the trash.

She made quick work of organizing her desk. After a moment of thought, Quinn recited a brief prayer in her head for whichever associate had been put in charge of sifting through Greenfield's paperwork, now freshly sympathetic to a situation that she'd narrowly avoided. And with that in mind, she sectioned out the paperwork she'd received from Mr. Litt into six definitive exhibits.

Exhibit A was the Confidentiality agreement: the provisions between Walker Enterprises and Greenfield Corporation's usage of secrets and proprietary technology.

Exhibit B was the documentation of Walker Enterprises' trade secrets - research, tests, patents, mostly stuff Quinn didn't understand. She wasn't a science girl.