I Killed My Girlfriend

Early in the mornings when I think about you. Yeah, I hit you like what you sayin?

                            Beyoncé Knowles _______________________________I heard Nicki let out a groan of frustration from our shared bathroom, she peeked her head out of the door as her wet curls dripped of water

Beyoncé Knowles
_______________________________
I heard Nicki let out a groan of frustration from our shared bathroom, she peeked her head out of the door as her wet curls dripped of water.

The skin that she did expose to me had beads of water running down slowly, I looked at her face then chuckled "why are you hiding yourself like I haven't seen you naked a million times" she rolled her eyes then leaned on the door frame.

"Bring my diffuser, you never put it back" I nodded then stood to my feet trying to remember the last place I had it, I felt her eyes follow me "you left it in your closet on the glass table".

Almost like she read my thoughts, I disappeared into my closet and sure enough it was right by the door sitting on my glass table.

I snatched it off then walked back into the room "I'd appreciate it if you put my things back where you got them" I ignored her and placed it in her hand "my apologies" I said before laying back down. The door shut before the diffuser ignited a loud humming sound through the bathroom walls.

I began watching tv while drowning out the noise, my eyes were growing heavy watching the boring but interesting talk show.

I hadn't realized the humming had cut out until Onika swung the door open "bey can you get the back for me...please" I looked at her then slid out of my comfortable position to tend to her needs. She had an attitude with me all day, I tried talking to her and giving her space but it didn't seem to help much.

All day she had been avoiding me, the problem was I didn't know what I had done or why she woke up on the wrong side of bed.

Nicki being her naturally stubborn self  she wouldn't say a word, I didn't want to automatically jump to conclusions but my first assumption was her cycle had come on.

In my defense that's how she was acting.

She stood in front of the mirror with a white towel wrapped around her whilst staring at me. I ignored her stares and grabbed the diffuser "put it on lo-", "I know" I said automatically cutting her off.

She tensed up then folded her arms as I cut the diffuser on low and began to diffuse her curls. I tucked my lip away something I tended to do while concentrating "hold your head down" her head dropped as I continued my gentle movements.

I could feel her energy, she wanted to say something but she didn't know how, that's just how well I knew her. I shut it off and lifted her head up gently with my hand on her chin, I finally looked at her and raised my eyebrows "you ready to talk?" She shrugged with a smug attitude on her face "was it something I did?" Her shoulders repeated the same actions as before.