Island Girl

Find your wings, you're supposed to fly, find your wings

                               Onika Maraj ________________________________Barbados

                               Onika Maraj
________________________________
Barbados. It was beautiful kind of like in the movies.

I wish I would've brought Lo with me but I made this trip specifically for myself. I needed time away from work and crazy ass New York.

I'd never woken up to peace and quiet it almost felt wrong, no cars honking or people yelling this was what I needed. I stood on the balcony in a robe provided by the hotel nothing but my boy short panties and a simple black bra covered my private areas.

Little people were out considering the sun was just rising, some cars would pass by here and there otherwise, peace. I felt my stomach grumble due to the lack of food I'd eaten. I was so wrapped into the sunrise I didn't feel like going to get anything to eat.

I felt eyes on me which was expected but they were staring so hard, I looked down from my balcony and seen a woman standing there. Her long thick locs pulled up and out of her face, she wore jean shorts and a simple white tee.

A mango in one hand while the other hand was wrapped firmly around her little dogs leash. She stared at me while slowly walking down the street, I smiled then went inside and shut the double doors.

Later in the afternoon I went for a walk along the beach, men were staring even some women. It was expected but they were a tad bit more respectful than New York men.

I approached a fruit stand the colorful fruit grasped my attention. I stared at the menu in deep thought trying to decide between watermelon or pineapple.

"Two mangoes please" I heard from beside me, I turned my head to say that I was in line but I was met with those same eyes from earlier.

They were green?

She smirked grabbing a few napkins before handing over the cash "thanks" she said taking the container of freshly sliced mangoes. She handed me one "oh um thanks?" I said turning to walk away "ya' have no manners" I stopped in my tracks and turned to her "I'm sorry?"

She grinned softly then motioned for me to walk with her. I complied for the time being. I watched her silently trying to be cautious "I've never seen you around" I nodded "I'm on vacation" she raised her eyebrows then looked around "by yourself?".

I nodded before I began to eat the sliced fruit with my fingers "let me show you something" I looked at her suspiciously as she took a chunk from her container and began to walk near the water.

I furrowed my eyebrows as she dipped the fruit into the water. She turned to me "here" I chuckled then shook my head "that's nasty" I said turning my head away. Her hand gently grabbed my chin and she turned my head to her "trust me?".

I shook my head silently "open your mouth" something about the way she handled me turned me on.

I opened my mouth allowing her to feed me the fruit, the sweet and salty taste complimented each other well. I chewed slowly trying to get used to the taste "you like it?" I fought back a smile "it's ight" she began to laugh probably the most beautiful laugh I ever heard.

"What's your name?" She asked while wiping my chin free of the fruit juice "Onika but you can call me Nicki" I was feeling her, maybe a little too much for us to just meet.

Her green eyes flicked up to mine "I'm Robyn" she said dampening her lips with her tongue, her lips weren't the only thing damp. I reached into my container copying the same thing she'd done, "now you open" she chuckled wrapping her hand around my wrist.

I gasped as she leaned down to my ear "ya' don' tell me what to do" she whispered then guided my hand to her mouth.

She sensually accepted the fruit then stepped out of the water leaving me there in shock "you coming?" I turned around speed walking up to her, she kept her eyes forward the rest of the walk until we reached my hotel.

I stood in the lobby staring at her "you're not going to come up?" I asked trying my best not to sound desperate her lips tugged into a smile "patience mama" she said while turning on her heels.

I could've cried right there "Robyn wait" she stopped then turned her head "can we hang out tonight at least?" She walked up to me once again "mhm I'll pick you up just be ready"
_______________________________
Old ass draft. Yall may or may not get a draft cause I lowkey like this.