Chapter 4 Stamped On Your DNA

Once the dinner was over khanna's left from there and Rathod's called it a day and moved to their respective rooms. Pari and sam fell asleep in no time. They were exhausted physically as well as emotionally. But sameer was not able to sleep, he was trying to cop with his own emotional turmoil. He was confused with his own behavior. He knew he hated mrs. Rathod, he never wanted anyone related to her to come in his life. And sammar was not only related, he was her son. A son who looked so much like her that nobody can look at him and not think of mrs. Rathod. He was sure that he must be under some sort of pressure when he agreed to take the boy in. But if that was true why he kept the boy with them for so long. These questions were creating a storm inside him. He tried explaining himself that the answers to these questions lay in his past.

What bewildered him the most was his own behavior. When he was sure that he hates the boy then why the hell he felt protective about him when kaka was about to hit him. Why did he felt uneasy when sammar got a cut on his finger, why did it felt as the most natural thing to work beside him in the kitchen, why did he held back when the kid was irritating him by talking non stop and why did he not pushed him away when sammar hugged him?

All these thoughts were wreaking havoc on sameer and he again felt the headache developing. He wanted to take his mind off and thought about going to the lawn to get some fresh air.

He moved out of the room and started going downstairs when he heard a voice.

"Aapko bhi neend nahi aa rahi? "

Sameer turned back and saw sammar standing on top of the staircase smiling at him.

Sameer "why aren't you sleeping, time.........

Sammar " Time dekha hai kya ho raha hai, itni der tak jagega to kal college jakar padhega kya? Agar class bunk ki to dekhna beta sari raat study ke bahar khada rakhunga. Ye hi bolna tha na? Pata hai mujhe, hamesha ye hi kehte ho aap"

Sameer "meri baatein rat li hai par time se sona nahi aaya tumhe"

Sammar "ab meri galti thodi hai agar neend nahi aa rahi mujhe. Darr lag raha hai bhaiya"

Sameer "kyun?"

Sammar "ab spatula le kar peeche maarne bhaagoge to bachcha darega nahi kya? Itna dara diya aapne ki ab mujhe neend nahi aa rahi" He said making a sad face.

Sameer just rolled his eyes at him and started going downstairs. Sammar ran to join him. He was on the last stair when he slipped, twisted his ankle and fell down.

Sameer held him at once "kya tha ye, stairs par kaun bhaagta hai"

Sammar innocently replied "main"

Sameer glared at him. Sammar looked down immediately and said meekly "dard ho raha hai bhaiya"

Sameer helped him stand, took him to the couch and made him sit there. Leaving sammar there sameer moved towards kitchen.