Ch6: Enemies, Deaths and Bonds

Disclaimer: if you didn't get the memo yet, this stor is kinda mature with violence, self deprecation, depression, unhealthy coping mechanisms and characters with zero emotional maturity. Read at your own discretion

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
As Mira and other maids hurried to finish their preparations for him to leave tomorrow, Aristle was forbidden from stepping a foot out of his bed and that meant that he had time to think about the two things that occupied his mind.

The first was the hybell empire. The strongest power on the continent. And it acted like that too, arrogant and oppressive beyond belief. Their influence knew no bounds. They were cruel and often forced kingdoms to send delegations only to return them half or fully dead.

No one had dared to go against them. A beautiful and twisted place.

And also the place where his brother died. And the start of the tragic comedy that his life was.
They were also the reason for aristle's…. demise. The enemy aristle 'betrayed' his kingdom to.

Aristle released a shaky breath. Focus.

He remembered now. In his past life he had gone to sleep and woke up many days later with heavy injuries. That time the Assassin had made no mistakes.

Because he couldn't travel, Pytha went to the hybell empire in his stead. Aristle had no idea what happened there, but the next time he saw his brother was in a coffin.

He didn't know how exactly Pytha died. No one would tell him, not even the most famous information guilds. The only thing he knew was that it was Nitheorian's fault.

That was the second thing that he had to think about. His relationship with Nitheorian has always been complicated. Perhaps it was because Aristle had been born a Charmase, a family sworn into service to the Agrice royal family many decades ago. Or perhaps it was their companionship bond that tied them to each other right down to their souls. Perhaps it was because they had been together since they were young, forced into their roles as the second prince and the second prince's right hand. Or perhaps it was something else entirely.

They had disliked each other from the beginning, only getting along for the sake of pretense. Aristle hated Nitheorian's arrogance, not even realising that he was the same. After he found out that it was Nitheorian's fault, whatever relation they had was broken beyond repair.

Later…., It had turned even weirder. At that time he did not have the luxury of questioning things and now he did not want to untangle that particular knot.

Aristle hated Nitheorian with all his heart. He still wished that it was that Nitheorian he would see instead of the arrogant brat that this Nitheorian was.

But his selfish wishes wouldn't be fulfilled and he had delayed enough already. It was time to meet Nitheorian.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

In the palacd, a servant knocked on the door to announce Aristle's arrival.

"Come in." Netheorian was working at his desk but he stopped as he saw Aristle

"Everyone out." He snapped out and the servants hurried to the door. Aristle was well aware that the order did not include him.

When the chamber was empty, Aristle spoke, "what did you want to speak to me about?" There was no hiding his cold tone.

Netheorian wasn't fazed. "You need to be more careful."

"About what?" But even before he could finish the sentence netheorian had him pinned to the wall, a knife just centimeters away from his carotid artery.