Chapter 27: Prodigal Son

Groan. Groan.

Hondo's head was still spinning. A sharp pain spiked from the back of his skull, while his neck stiffened. He slowly began opening his eyes, feeling sweat drip down his back and forehead. His muscles were quite stiff...and sore.

"Yo! He up!" he heard a male voice call out.

His hands were tied up to his ankles, with his knees on the ground. He could smell the awful smell of garbage, as he tried to open his eyes. Pitch black. Something was wrapped around his head, tight. When he tried to breath something impeded it. It was tape. The taste of industrial glue was evident on his lips, while he tried to move his jaw. He felt something holding back his neck towards the brick wall and his back bent backwards, keeping his hands and knees locked up. The stench from all sides reminded him of the dumpster site, right next to where he parked his vehicle. Small rocks were sinking into the skin of his knees, which he figured must be the debris and broken asphalt at the base of the industrial sized dumps and the slippery substance on the ground oil or dirty liquid spilled from them. 

Grunt.

Screaming would be a waste of time and moving felt even more uncomfortable than ever. Not only that, it was hard to think with the loud rap music coming from nearby. Based on his experience and memories, he could tell it was coming from a car speaker set, similar to those mounted in the back of a car.

"The hell is the po-po doing in our hood?" yelled another angry male over the music.

"Let's pop 'im!" the first ordered.

CLICK CLICK

Even though the music, the prisoner could hear the sounds of pistols and guns being loaded. He could imagine the young studs all pointing their weapons at him.  He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

CRAAAASSSHHHH

Hondo heard the cracking sound of glass...loud and clear. He could assume one or more of his car windows were long gone! In pieces!

CLICK

In the distance, he heard the sound of screeching tires, as he tried to maneuver his way out of the restraints. He figured the perps hit him in the back of the head, causing him to black out. In that time, they were able to restrain him. Now he needed to figure out how to get out of that mess! Alive!

"DEVIL'S BLOOD! DEVIL'S BLOOD!" he heard shouts from afar. Some rummaging of sneakers followed.

"LET'S GO!" the first male voice yelled.

SSSCRRREEEAAASSSHHHH

In an instant, he heard footsteps running, all at full gear. One second later, he heard the screeching of tires and the rap music slowly fading into the distance.

PHHEEEWWW!

Damn! That was close, Hondo thought, now finally exhaling.

The only sounds around him being the active rodents.  Also, the sirens and noises from afar and the deep mesmerizing tune of darkness.

He began to think of his next move, when suddenly he heard footsteps approaching. The figures stopped right in front of the restrained officer and grunted angrily. One particular fellow grabbed something off the floor and began hitting the dumpster besides the officer.

THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP

The sound of metal caused echos to bounce all around the alley way. Hondo moved his head, trying to avoid being the target, even though he was blind to it. He couldn't move much though, his neck was held back, and his hands were already compromised.