f o u r

~°•○♡○•°~

~°•○♡○•°~

        DAPHNE BRIDGERTON and her mother made it to the opera walking inside making their way to their box until they were called over By Lady Danbury.

" Our box, mama?" Daphne questioned as she looked from Lord Berbrooke to her mother. It freaked her out how much Lord Berbrooke was always interested in speaking to her. " Mh-mhm" their mother hummed.

" Lady Bridgerton!" Lady Danbury shouted from only a few metres away.
" Do join us." Lady Danbury offered. The two Bridgerton walked in her direction bowing their heads in respects to the queen. " Your majesty, good evening. You must remember my daughter, Daphne." Voilet introduced her daughter to the queen reminded her of the day she first met Daphne, at the social seasons gathering.

" Yes." The Queen responded. " She made quite an impression... However fleeting it may have been." She spoke the last part lowly but still enough for everyone to here, making Brimsley let out a slight chuckle. Not a moment later the queen turned heel and walked in the other direction away from Lady Danbury and the Bridgerton's, with Brimsley trailing behind her.

" I would like to welcome you both to my box this evening. I insist." Lady Danbury offered making Daphne smile along with her mother.

The music played very faintly as everyone situated themselves either up in their Boxes or in their seats getting front row or simply sitting anywhere they pleased in the theater.

The show soon started and Lady Danbury spoke softly. " They are saying her husband will not live till the end kf the month." Lady Danbury informed about the King as the queen seemed to be on edge. " Surely another rumour provided by that vicious, scandal-mongering writer. Should her Degradation know no bounds?" Lady Bridgerton spoke of Lady Whistledown's as she didn't like the writer as much as she did the first time she'd written something. She had come to terms that Lady Whistledown had absolutely no filter what so ever.

" Lady Whistledown writes about my family too. Yet I supposed the Duke can withstand such scrutiny, since he is, after all, a man." Lady Danbury informed sharing her distaste for the faceless writer. " His grace is very Fortunate to have you there with him as a child after what happened to his mother. Awful!" Lady Bridgerton shared her sorrows for the Duke.

" He is not what Whistledown writes." Lady Danbury defended.

" Nor is Daphne." Violet spoke with authority. " It would seem the two of them have that much in common, then." Lady Danbury said with a small shrug implying a few things. " Matches have certainly been made with far less."

" What are you suggesting?" Lady Bridgerton questioned.

" Lady Whistledown merely writes what she sees. Perhaps we need to help her to see things a but more clearly." Lady Danbury smirked before continuing. " The Duke is quite fond of gooseberry pie." She added making Violets face lighten