Chapter Ten: The Haunted Blanket

Wrapping itself tightly around him, Peter could be seen fidgeting inside. A muffled voice cried out from the feisty bundle.

"What's going on? Let me go! Someone let me out of here!"

Upon hearing this, the twins looked warily to one another. Slowly, they inched towards the blanket. They circled it cautiously. Then, with a shared nod, they attacked. Grabbing the blanket by the corners, the boys pulled with all their might. Though, this only seemed to anger the dirty laundry further.

The sheet yanked itself out of their grip and, in return, gave them a taste of their own medicine. Both of the boys were given a few slaps in the face before being grabbed by their ankles and tossed into the air. They yelped as the blanket caught them, holding them upside down by the laces of their shoes.

Molly gaped in horror at the scene. "Stop it!" she ordered as she turned to Emma tearfully, "You're going to hurt them!"

"But I'm not doing anything!" Emma argued, also sounding frightened.

Thomas and Wendy quivered in their shoes as their friends struggled. Peter wiggled and squirmed in the blanket's embrace causing the twins to sway dangerously in the air. Jumping into Wendy's embrace, Thomas wailed as the blanket swung Aiden in his direction. Tears streaming down his chubby cheeks, the boy fled from the scene with Wendy quickly following.

"Thomas! Thomas, where are you going? W-Wait for me!"

The twins yelped again as the blanket dropped them. They both hit the ground hard. Sharing another look with one another, the two quickly stood to their feet.

"Sorry, Peter!" Caden yelled.

"You're on your own!" Aiden called while he and his brother shuffled to their feet to flee.

Before they could escape the sheet's wrath, however, the corners grasped the brim of their britches and yanked the boys' pants down around their ankles. Emma couldn't help but chuckle as the two fought to cover themselves.

"This isn't funny, Emma," Molly stomped. "And I mean it! If you don't stop this right now, I'll-I'll-"

She fell silent. The blanket began moving towards her, dragging Peter along the way. Now, hovering over Molly, it spread itself wide as it looked down on the girl. Then, reaching out with a soft corner, the blanket gave Molly Brown a loving pat on her head.

This simple act was enough to send the girl into a panic. With a red-faced squeal, Molly threw Blu at the comfy beast before turning on her heel to run away.

Blu was not a fan of flying - especially when it came to being thrown at a haunted blanket. His eyes widened when he noticed the sinister sheet reaching out to him. With flailing paws, he readied himself for what could be the fight of his life.

Though, in a surprising change of events, the blanket unraveled itself in order to welcome Blu in a warm embrace- leaving Peter crumpled on the ground, bewildered. Scrambling to his feet, the boy watched as the blanket pampered Emma's pet with affection before returning his nasty glare on her.

"I knew it was you," he bellowed. Still holding Emma's wand, he pointed it threateningly at her. "You just wait until I tell the Grand Wizard about this!"

Emma stiffened at his harsh tone. "You wouldn't dare! I already told you I have nothing to do with this."

"Try me," he hissed. "I knew all that magic would go to your head! Better yet, I think The Looking Glass would be more interested to know that a Grand Apprentice is going around picking on the mundane. With any luck, they'll take that stupid rock away from you and you'll finally know your place."