Chapter 2

I got home with my toasted sandwich and flopped onto the bed and stretched. I sipped my coffee and looked up, startled. I saw something move in the distance, something pink and grey. I thought 'I'm just tired' and walked to my bedroom.

I opened my eyes, I was at the school, where I was last year. I saw all the kids from the year 6 class, "Hey miss Lippy" one of the boys said, "hey honey" I said smiling. I felt him tug at my dress, "Where's her face?" he asked, my face fell, "W-what?" I asked. He pointed over at a girl in a pink dress, "Milly, her face, its gone" he said giggling. I turned and heard a muffled scream. Maddie turned her face towards me, her face rubbed out, her mouth and eyes and nose were missing and yet I could still hear her screaming. She started to tug at her hair. I stared in horror and the room fell dead silent.

She then suddenly stopped and started running towards me, I leapt back in fear as I fell over something, and I fell down a big dark hole.

I woke up screaming, and shaking as I felt my heart race. My breath shaky and my lungs shivering in terror. "Milly" I whispered, I slowed my breath to try and calm down, 'it was just a dream' I kept thinking in my head. My heart began to slowly beat normally again as I rubbed my face. I looked around and grabbed my laptop, and began searching at the school newsletter. I scrolled through what seemed like endless titles,

HATS AVAILABLE AT FRONT DESK

FREE DRESS DAY

GARDENING CLASS GREENIES

SCHOOL EXCURSION TO THE CITY

MORE CLASSES IN 2011 SCHEDUALED

And so on. Until finally I saw the title,

SCHOOL MOURNES OVER TRAGIC DEATH OF SUDENT

I clicked on the link. Taking me to a school newsletter that was sent out to parents.

Dear Parents and Guardians,

Unfortunately, the school will be closing for the week due to an accident that happened to fellow student Milly Terry, there will be a ceremony to say goodbye to our fellow student. All those who come will be asked to donate a gold coin to the family to support them in this unfortunate time. Thank you for you consideration and we hope you understand, and please see the following link to read the date and times of the ceremony.

Kind Regards,

Hunstud Primary School

hppts//hunstudprimaryschool.com/ceramonydatesandtimes

I didn't remember there ever being a ceremony for one of the students, though I remember I was on holiday right after the class finished graduation, it may have slipped my mind that there was someone missing when I returned. I never really paid attention to her in class that often since she's usually quiet. 'It was a weird coincidence though that Milly had her face rubbed out from the printer' I thought.