Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I opened my eyes and groaned, I examined the room carefully, "are you serious?" I told myself. My legs lifted themselves off the chair and walked towards the kitchen, making myself a cup of coffee. I yawned and stumbled towards the dining table and placed my warm mug down on the coaster, heating up my hands. I took a sip and realised the picture I printed yesterday. I got up and grabbed the paper and stuffed it in my bag and quickly put my clothes on and grabbed my keys, rushing out the door to be hit with the cool wind.

I ran out of my car and rushed towards the front office and dinged the bell on the counter. "Can I- Oh hello Lippy" the kind woman said,

"Hey Sherl, I just ran here to give you the copy of the student that the principle requested I print out" I said out of breath. She smiled and I rummaged through my bag and handed her the paper, she was looked at it and her smile fell. "Um, honey this picture isn't printed properly, um her face its-" she said and showed me the paper. I stared at the image. 'It happened again', I thought.

"I'm sorry, I-I put ink in the printer just yesterday" I said confused.

"Oh, well that's okay dear, I can print it out on the library printer" she said and gave the picture to the other woman in the front desk. "Okay thank you" I replied.

Once I got back home it was almost midnight, I spent the whole day correcting homework in the coffee shop that the employs had kicked me out. I yawned and stumbled over to the couch, letting the heavy bag slide down on the pillow. I sniffed, 'it a cold night' I thought and trembled to my bedroom to get under the warm covers. But then in the distance I heard something creak. I spun around, looking in every direction. I turned back but then heard a loud THUD. I turned my head in a panic and walked towards the place that I thought I heard the sound come from. The bathroom.

"Hello" I said, holding a knife in my hand, "I have a weapon" I said trying to sound threatening, my breath heavy and pacing. But when I reached the bathroom there was no one there, but a little hair clip. Pink. "What the f-" but then I heard another loud BANG from my room. My breath quickened and I ran to my room and turned on the light. Nothing. Nothing in the wardrobe. Nothing under my bed. Nothing in the curtains. I closed my eyes and sighed, "What the hell" I said and closed my door. That's when my ears started to ring and I blacked out.

But, just as I did, I saw a glimmer of pink, dancing in the darkness.

I groaned in pain and yawned. I stood up and rubbed my eyes, "Ahh" I groaned again as I held  my head. I looked around confused and yawned again. "What the hell?" I whispered as I lay on my bedroom floor. 

I got back up and tried to regain my balance; I stumbled towards my wardrobe and took out my pjs and stretched. I couldn't remember what happened, so I decided to ignore it. I hoped into the shower to wash the strange occurrence off me, letting the hot water soak my body and my brain.