01. Another Boring Day

"Come on!" I chuckled when she tripped, she immediately stood up and ran away. I chased her until I ran out of breath.

"Wait, stop!" I yelled, hoping she would hear me and stop running away.

"Hey! Come back here!" I yelled once again, attempting to chase her again but my own feet stopped before I even realized it.

No... not again...

I sat on the grass field while the girl was still running away, she ran far and far away until I couldn't get a glimpse of her anymore.

I felt dizzy, sick, and hopeless. Why is this happening again?

I lay on the grass, closing my eyes until I lost consciousness, hoping I would see her again.

*KRRING, KRRING! NOONA NEOMU YEPEO*

I groaned and turned my alarm off harshly. I sat while rubbing my eyes, followed by a yawn. It's a sign that another boring day has begun.

"Han Yujin, time to go to school!" A loud lady knocked on my door.

"Yes mom!" I yelled back and opened the door of my bathroom to get ready for school. (not really.)

Soon after, I got out of the room wearing my school uniform, black pants, and a pair of white socks with a little print on it.

"Oh, come here and eat before going to school. I cooked pancakes and I also prepared your lunch. Have a seat!" My mom had her usual happy face and energetic mood. She was wearing a yellow apron with white stripes on it, yellow zebra.

I sat down and ate until I felt full. I grabbed my lunch and my bag, bid goodbye to my mom and left.

"Good luck at school, honey!" She shouted.  Heh, bold of you to assume I'm going to school.

-

"Aye, Han Yujin! My boy, I'm glad you came!"  Taerae cheerfully said as soon as he saw me enter the room. I placed my lunch bag on the desk near us and sat down.

"I see you brought lunch again, huh? Does Auntie even know you're not going to school?" He curiously asked, tuning his guitar.

"Nah, she doesn't really care if I go or not." I carelessly replied and snatched his guitar. He shook his head and sighed,

"You know, I've been in this situation before. I used to not go to school until my mom went to pick me up and found out I've been ditching school to go play guitar." He sighed and looked down, reminiscing his past 'wrong-doings'.

I chuckled, "She'll never find out, and I'll never tell her either." I looked at him for a moment, trying to figure out what kind of look he's giving me and abruptly turned my gaze back to the guitar.

There was a moment of silence, it was only the two of us since I asked him to give me private lessons.

He took a long breath before speaking, "Yujin, I really hope one day you'll take your academics seriously. Ditching school is not fun, you're still young, you're still able to do things right. Don't be like me who stopped and just continued teaching guitar, please, think about the possible consequences.

I'm not saying that it's bad that you're learning guitar, in fact, I'm actually glad that you took the initiative to ask me to teach you. But please know that education, going to school is a must." I stopped fidgeting with the guitar and slowly turned to look at him. Sadness was visible in his eyes, his usual bright smile turned into a frown as he looked at me with worry.

I felt guilty. I felt guilty because I made him bring up his past which he was so sensitive about, I felt guilty because I've been lying to my mom, I felt guilty... for doing this. for everything.

I put aside his guitar and took deep breaths, "Hyung, I'm sorry. I appreciate you so much, thank you for worrying about me and my future. I really respect you, Taerae Hyung. I'm sorry that I made you bring up your past, I'm sincerely sorry. I promise, tomorrow I'll go to school!" I replied, looking down.

I felt a hand on my shoulders and heard him chuckle, "That's good to hear! I really hope you take my advice, Yujin. Go home and help out Auntie, we'll continue tomorrow after your class, okay?" He patted my back and I nodded. We stood up in sync and he escorted me outside. I waved my hand at him and left.

I'll try.