What If MARIUM...? - 2

Writing a second part of this OS on special requests by you all.

Murtasim made Meerab sit on their bed and sat infront of her, wiping her tears with his thumb that were flowing non stop from her eyes.

"Meerab.." He called to her softly but she didn't respond.

"Meerab.." He called again his voice an octave louder than the last time but his tone still soft.

This time his wife looked at him and muttered, "I'm sorry Murtasim. Agar mujhy pata hota tou..."

"Sshh.. I know, it's okay. I trust you." Murtasim cut her off placing his finger on her lips so that she'd stop speaking.
Meerab's heart beat became unsteady due to his touch on her lips.

Murtasim pulled his hand away as if realising that he had crossed an invisible boundary that Meerab had drawn between them.

"Sorry", he muttered before getting up to head to the couch.

"Kahan ja rahe ho?" Meerab asked him timidly getting hold of his hand.

Murtasim stopped in his tracks, partly from the shock of her holding onto his hand.
"Itni rat ko sone hi jaonga na", he said in a slightly sarcastic tone.
"Room se bahir souge?" Meerab asked him.

"Nahi, ap ki khuwahish ke mutabiq couch pe sounga." Murtasim tried to free his hand but she tightened her hold. He was clearly stronger than Meerab, if he full heartedly wanted to free himself from her hold he would've done it easily but he didn't want to do it.

"Couch is very uncomfortable. Tum bed pe so jao aj. You must be very tired." Meerab said softly letting go of his hand.

"Ap ki bohat meharbani lekin mei couch pe theek hu", Murtasim replied remembering the last time she had let him sleep on the bed and when he had touched her hair, she had fought with him reminding him of the contract. He had no wish to repeat all of that as he knew that it'd be difficult for him to keep his hands to himself if she was so close.

"Naraz ho mujh se?" Meerab asked feeling a little hurt that he'd turned down her request. She had only been caring for him.

"Nahi, lekin khush bhi nahi hu tum se", he muttered setting the pillow on the couch.

Meerab got up from the bed and took the pillow from him. "Mei ne keh dia na ke tum bed pe so rahe ho." She was starting to get a little angry with her husband now.

"Aur mei ne bhi keh dia ke mujhy iss meherbani ki zaroorat nahi hai." Murtasim was also angry now.

Almost all of their fights originated due to the clash of two egoistic personalities since both of them were Khan by blood and by nature as well. But this time Meerab decided to step down as she took a deep breath. The last thing she wanted right now was Murtasim being angry and them fighting again. Everyone in the house was angry at her, she couldn't afford his anger right now.

"Theek hai phir, jo tumhe sahi lag raha hai karo. In case you do feel uncomfortable, you can come on the bed." Meerab replied to him gently. She had no idea what had stirred within her but she couldn't bear to see her husband angry and hurt and this was her small effort to mend things between them.

Murtasim was shocked too. Whenever he would show his anger, she would show hers too and they would end up fighting. Today she had replied to him calmly even when he had been angry with her. Murtasim Khan never took back his words but today he accepted defeat as he lay down on the bed next to his wife.

Meerab was awake when she felt a very slight movement on the bed knowing that it was Murtasim lying down next to her being as quiet as possible so she wouldn't be disturbed. She smiled to herself thinking, "Atleast itna naraz nahi hai ke meri bat ko taal de."

Both of them tossed and turned in bed unable to sleep partly because of the night's events and partly because the close proximity of each other was affecting them, Murtasim more than Meerab.

********************************

Finally TereBin has ended. The crying scene was very emotional.

This scene reminded me of Jimmy and Rakhi from Dil Na Umeed To Nahi

I don't know if I'm the only one who thought of this scene while watching TereBin but I wanted to share this with you all