What If The Contract Did Not Exist? (1)

I've been wondering about this for a while and since I am stuck with my other stories I decided to write this.

***********************************************************************************************

Murtasim looked at his four poster bed which was now half covered with a golden and red dupatta.

"Mei bohat thak gaya hu, neend aa rahi hai mujhe," he told Meerab.

"Tou so jao ya sone ke liye meri ijazat chahye?" Meerab mocked at him.

"Ijazat tou nahi chahye lekin ye bed khali chahye," he replied trying to keep his cool.

Meerab turned away from the mirror to face him, her eyes blazing with anger. "Iss bed par mei soungi aur tum..." she paused to look around the room, "uss sofay par so jana."

"Kya matlab?" Murtasim was shocked at her words.

"Matlab saf hai, iss bed par mei soungi," she replied with a nonchalant shrug as she sat on the bed beside her dupatta.

"Ye mera kamra hai," he began.

"Aur iss kamray me shadi kar ke tum mujhy le kar aye ho," she cut him off.

"Majboori thi meri," he replied.

"Tou meri bhi majboori hai," she retorted.

"Shayad tum samajh nahi rahi ho. Why should I sleep on the sofa when you have a problem with sleeping with me, hmm?" He challenged her.

"Mei kabhi sofay par nahi soyi," she responded with defiance.

"Tou mei bhi kabhi sarko pe nahi soya. Ye mera room hai, mera bed hai aur mei yahi sounga. So get up from here." He gestured with his fingers for her to get up.

"No!"

"Meerab mei ne bola utho yaha se."

"And I said no."

"Just shut up and empty my bed," he half shouted glaring at her as he took another step towards the bed.

Meerab looked up at him in defiance. "I won't."

Their faces were only inches apart now as they both looked at each other angrily.

Murtasim's eyes bore into Meerab's, like two fiery orbs in the dimly lit room. The air crackled with tension as they stood there, locked in a battle of wills. The room itself seemed to hold its breath, as if aware of the storm brewing between its walls.

"Mei tumhara shohar hu, Meerab. Agar chahu tou apna haq bohat asani se jata sakta hu," he warned quietly.

"I'd like to see you try," Meerab challenged angrily.

Murtasim's jaw tightened, and he took a deep breath, trying to rein in his frustration. He knew that asserting his authority in this situation might not be the best way to start their marriage, but he also couldn't back down especially when she had challenged him like this.

As they glared at each other, their breaths quickened and their hearts raced. Time seemed to slow down, and every moment felt like an eternity. Neither wanted to give in to the other's demands, yet both found themselves unable to resist the pull of desire and passion.

A raw animalistic urge inside him caused him to push Meerab onto the bed before getting on it himself and hover above her. Meerab was initially shocked at his audacity but she soon recovered and tried to push him away. Murtasim swiftly grabbed both of her wrists with one hand and pinned them above her head. 

"Yeh kya badtameezi hai Murtasim?" she asked angrily.

"Badtameezi nahi hai, mera haq hai," he whispered huskily.

"Mere hath choro aur hato warna... oww!" His grip on her wrists tightened.

"Warna?" He raised his eyebrows at her.

"I will scream and I am sure meri awaz sun ke koi na koi aa jayega," she muttered now feeling scared.

"Scream all you want Meerab. Aj tou mere ilawa koi bhi tumhari awaz nahi sunega." He chuckled at her threat.

"You can't force me," she said while squirming trying to get rid of his hold.

"You also don't have the right to say no to me," he replied.

"I HATE YOU MURTASIM KHAN!" she shouted.

"Don't worry, my sentiments for you are pretty much the same MEERAB KHAN! But as your husband, I am not going to hesitate to take what's mine."

"You won't," she tried to say with confidence but she was trembling beneath him.

"Dar kyu lag raha hai ab, dear wife. You were the one who provoked me, weren't you?"

***********************************************************************************************