Chapter 2: Getting To Know You

Nivea's POV

Sunny a flirtatious and owner of the record store appeared right before us as he extends his hand towards mine giving it a kiss.

"You look very beautiful dear, tell me pretty lady what's your name." He said as I smiled.

"My name is Nivea Sunshine, I just moved in yesterday and it's nice to meet you Sunny." I responded back politely as I cleared my throat.

"Sunny, um why around with so many girls, I really don't get it." Frank said looking not amused while Julie started looking around for some records to buy.

"Frank, Frank, Frank.... Frank, why are you so worried for while being in my kool-aid but don't know my flavor? As you can see, a sexy fine young bird like myself is a lover but not a fighter to no neighbor." Sunny says as Frank rolled his eyes to his response.

Julie comes up approaching with 5 groovy CDs of the 70s, while placing them on the counter as she reached for her purse to take out the wallet.

"Hey Sunny, I would like to have these 5 right here. Oh we're throwing a house warming party for Nivea today, next door from Wally's and we want to invite you." Julie says with such jollie hype expression.

"Wait a minute, who says we?" Frank crosses his arms while furrowing his eyebrows.

"Oh come on Frank, I'm sure it's not that bad. Neighbor to neighbor, I feel it's right to invite a friend like Sunny to the party." I said patting Frank's right arm hoping to convince him.

*groans*

"Fine." He gave in as Sunny became excited.

"Aww thank you three, I can't wait to be there. I'm gonna go give my assistant a call to come right on by before nightfall to setup the equipment, he's the DJ so he knows exactly what to do." Sunny says as he rushes to the back.

"Um Sunny what about the CDs, I'm supposed to pay you." Julie says as Sunny gave Julie the bag.

"Here you go, sweetie. See y'all later on." Sunny waves at us as we began on our way out the door.

"Okay, what else place we should check next?" I asked as Julie began thinking for a moment then she gasps as if she has an idea.

"Oh I know, come with me." She says as we followed her, walking down the block of the plaza as we reached the nail salon, walking inside Julie looking around.

"BEST FRIEND!!!" Julie calls out as the young fire cracker looks back and squeals to the amusement. The two began approaching each other while hugging.

"Oh my gawd, bestie!" The woman said as she is too excited to keep her composer together.

While they talked for a bit, I went to go sit down and looked at the magazine, some about the hairstyles and fashion. To my shock, a photo of me appears in one of the magazines I took part in last year. The entrance door opens as the mailman I saw earlier today that morning enters in, but my glance shifts towards Frank who began to quickly sit down on the chair trying to not make contact while blushing.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked as he grabbed a magazine to cover himself.

"Yes and no! Ugh, it's just... Him."

I looked confused wondering who until Frank pointed his finger as I followed. To my shock it's the mailman he was talking about.

"Wow did he do something to you?" Curiously I asked as he shook his head in the response of 'no'

"He didn't do anything wrong to me, it's just I really like him Nivea, I'm just too afraid to approach him and I don't know why?" He admits as I realized that he's too shy, worrying he might say the wrong thing.