18. Lonely Island

Dean and I were on a ship that was sailing on the Pacific Ocean. A short time before, we had learned that there was a werewolf on board. That was a big problem, because tonight was a full moon. Therefore we had decided to travel secretly to track him down before it was too late. After 5 hours of questioning the guests, we still had not made any progress. Sighing I sat down on a bench on the deck. Slowly it became dark and therefore colder.IIc I rubbed my arms to keep warm. I always froze very easily. When Dean came to me, he raised an eyebrow, but then he took off his jacket and put the jacket over my shoulders. I looked at him friendly and whispered " Thanks". I got up to go to him, but out of nowhere there was suddenly a huge explosion. Without hesitation, Dean pulled me to the ground and covered my body with his. Everywhere boat parts flew through the air and the screams of passengers filled the air. I closed my eyes because the chaos around me was too much. Then there was a deep silence. I opened my eyes slowly. Dean was still lying on top of me and had not moved. His head was turned toward me and he was staring at me. My face started to redden and I looked to the side. Slowly, Dean got up and helped me to get up. "You okay?" I nodded quietly and ran to the people who were seriously injured. A young woman reached for my hand. There was a large wound on her belly. I quickly took off Dean's jacket and then my shirt, fortunately I was still wearing a short top underneath, and pressed the shirt onto the wound. In all the commotion, I had lost sight of Dean. I wanted to search for him but then there was another explosion, this time it was even bigger.I fell down on the floor and everything blurred before my eyes. I tried to keep them open, but I was too weak. Everything went dark.

I was lying on a wet sandy ground and opened my eyes slowly. The sun shone brightly and I had to cover my eyes. Everything was blurred when I looked around. When my sight cleared, I saw that I was standing on a beach. The water was very blue and waves crashed softly against the shore. A pleasant wind was blowing through my hair and a white seagull flew over my head. I turned around and looked into a huge, green forest. Now I remembered what had happened before. I was on the boat, searching a werwolf when it exploded. Dean had accompanied me. Dean? Where was he? I took a few steps to the forest. "Dean?" I called. But nobody answered. I walked a few more steps and tried to calm down. "Dean?" Still nothing. I was worried now. What if something happened to him? Tears filled my eyes but I ignored it. "DEAN?" I screamed, louder than before. Suddenly, two arms were wrapped around me. I gasped loudly and froze. Slowly I turned around and looked at Dean. Relieved I put my arms around him. "Oh my god, I was so scared." I said in tears. "Shhh, I'm fine, don't worry." He said calmly. "I thought you were..." I couldn't finish the sentence because Dean kissed me tenderly. I closed my eyes and felt his soft lips on mine. I could have stayed in that moment forever. Slowly we let go of each other. "Are you hurt?" I asked fearful. "No, nothing serious." I breathed a sigh of relief. At least that was something positive. "Dean I have a confession to make. I think I lost your jacket." He laughed and stroked my hair. "Don't worry about it. Come on, we should go." We walked toward the beach, hand in hand. As we came closer to the sea, I began to get cold again. "You should take off your wet clothes" he suggested. "Otherwise you'll catch cold." I agreed and slowly took off my top and pants. Dean's clothes were already dry again, probably he wasn't in the water the whole time. He looked to the side and handed me his shirt. I took it gladly. It was too big for me but just for this situation it was perfect. Then I sat next to him and put my head on his shoulder, whiled he took me into his arms. "Don't worry. They will find us." I nodded quietly and stared at the sea. Actually it was quite a beautiful moment but I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. All that victims, all that pain. And why was I alive? I was exactly where the second explosion had taken place. Dean snapped me out of my thoughts. "We need to collect as many stones and wood as possible." I didn't question his instructions and did what he told me to do. I knew I would survive with him. He took the things and put a note in the sand. "Poughkeepsie."